* Beautifully illustrated with images relating to Grahame’s life and works
* Concise introductions to the texts
* All the tales and essays, fully illustrated, with individual contents tables
* Includes rare works appearing for the first time in digital publishing, including BERTIE’S ESCAPADE
* Images of how the books were first published, giving your eReader a taste of the original texts
* Excellent formatting of the texts
* Famous works such as ‘The Wind in the Willows’ are fully illustrated (Paul Bransom) with the original artwork
* Includes Grahame’s rare non-fiction work, FIRST WHISPER OF ‘THE WIND OF THE WILLOWS’ – available in no other collection
* Features two biographies, including Chalmers’ seminal work - discover Grahame’s literary life
* Scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles
The Children’s Books
THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS
THE CAMBRIDGE BOOK OF POETRY FOR CHILDREN
The Short Story Collections
THE GOLDEN AGE
FIRST WHISPER OF ‘THE WIND OF THE WILLOWS’
KENNETH GRAHAME LIFE LETTERS AND UNPUBLISHED WORK by Patrick Chalmers
THE CHILDREN’S ADVOCATE: KENNETH GRAHAME by W. M. Parker
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles or to purchase this eBook as a Parts Edition of individual eBooks
Beautiful new illustrations throughout will bring the magic of this classic story to a new generation of children.
Toad has always been a silly sort of fellow. But when his latest obsession with motor cars - the faster the better - threatens to lead him to disaster, it is up to Toad's good friends Mole, Ratty and Badger to get him under control. Can they save Toad from prison, and his home Toad Hall from the wicked Weasels and Stoats?
Adventure abounds in this classic story of friendship.
When Mole goes boating with Ratty instead of doing his spring-cleaning, he discovers a whole new world. As well as adventures on the river and in the Wild Wood, there are high jinks on the open road with that reckless ruffian, Mr Toad of Toad Hall. Ratty, Mole, Badger and Toad become the firmest of friends, but after Toad's latest escapade, can they join together and beat the wretched weasels once and for all?
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame is one of the twelve wonderful classic stories being relaunched in Puffin Classics in March 2008.
‘There is nothing – absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.’
A timeless and celebrated children’s classic, Grahame’s The Wind in the Willows has delighted for nearly 100 years. In the idyllic English countryside, Mole, Badger, Rat and Toad encounter adventure at every turn – whether it’s gipsy caravans, Rat’s love for the river, or Toads passion for motorcars, the loveable friends and their escapades continue to delight children and adults alike.