TTCN-3 is an internationally standardised test language with a powerful textual syntax which has established itself as a global, universal testing language. Application of TTCN-3 has been widened beyond telecommunication systems to areas such as the automotive industry, internet protocols, railway signalling, medical systems, and avionics.
An Introduction to TTCN-3 gives a solid introduction to the TTCN-3 language and its uses, guiding readers though the TTCN-3 standards, methodologies and tools with examples and advice based on the authors' extensive real-world experience. All the important concepts and constructs of the language are explained in a step-by-step, tutorial style, and the authors relate the testing language to the overall test system implementation, giving the bigger picture.
This second edition of the book has been updated and revised to cover the additions, changes and extensions to the TTCN-3 language since the first version was published. In addition, this book provides new material on the use of XML, test framework design and LTE testing with TTCN-3.
- Provides a fully revised and up-to-date look at the TTCN-3 language
- Addresses language standardization, tool implementation and applying TTCN-3 in real world scenarios such as VoIP and LTE testing
- Explores recent advances such as TTCN-3 core language extensions on type parameterization, behavior types, real time and performance testing
- Introduces the use of ASN.1 and XML with TTCN-3
- Written by experts in the field
- Includes an accompanying website containing code samples and links to the relevant standards documents (www.wiley.com/go/willcock_ttcn-3_2e)
This book is an ideal reference for test engineers, software developers, and standards professionals. Graduate students studying telecommunications and software engineering will also find this book insightful.