Help Your Kids With Computer Coding is ideal for parents whose kids are taking their first steps into programming or are already interested and hungry to learn more.
This visual guide clearly explains key concepts in five step by step chapters:
- The Basics explains the types of instruments, notation for keyboard and stringed instruments, the "musical alphabet," and counting a beat.
- Rhythm covers the length of notes and rests, as well as basic rhythms and meters, phrasing, syncopation, tempo, and using a metronome.
- Tone and Melody includes everything a student needs to know about tones and how they work together to build a melody.
- Chords and Harmony shows how intervals work together and includes examples for horn and woodwind instruments.
- Form and Interpretation helps students understand how musical form can aid appreciation and interpretation for classical, jazz, blues, and other musical styles.
Detox for Life is the original number-one bestseller, including the 28-day detox plan which helped Carol drop two dress sizes. Now in mass-market paperback for the first time, and including over thirty extra recipes, this brand new edition includes:
The secrets of the detox diet and how Carol achieved her slimmer figure
The 28-day detox plan to achieve fantastic results
Loads of delicious healthy recipes and meal ideas
Tips for eating out
Stories from women who have successfully followed the detox diet
Detox for Life continues to rewrite the rules of so-called 'dieting regimes' and is set to reach an even wider audience in its new format.
Suitable for English-language learners of all levels, from beginner to advanced, and even experienced English speakers looking for a reminder of key language points, English for Everyone: English Grammar Guide is an intuitive way to study English grammar. Clear illustrations put learning points in context and make them easy to remember, and simple graphics and annotated sample sentences break down grammar constructions, making even difficult points easy to follow.
English for Everyone: English Grammar Guide covers the language skills, vocabulary, and grammar needed for the major global English-language exams, including TOEFL. All learning is practiced across speaking, listening, reading, and writing exercises, offering rounded preparation for work, travel, study, and exams. Download the free app and practice online with free listening exercises at www.dkefe.com.
Help Your Kids with Math uses an appealing and uniquely accessible illustrative style that will show you what others only tell you, covering everything from basic arithmetic to more challenging subjects such as statistics, geometry, and algebra. Every aspect of math is explained in easily understandable language so that adults and children can deal with the subject together. Tricky concepts are explored and examined step-by-step, so that even the most math-phobic individual will be able to approach complex problems with confidence.
Part of an original series of study aids that aims to demystify subjects that seem tricky and incomprehensible, Help Your Kids with Math provides invaluable guidance and easy explanations for all those desperate kids and parents who need to understand math and put it into practice.