John Maxwell was named the No. 1 leadership and management expert in the world by Inc. Magazine, and the million-seller book for which he is best-known is The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership.
In this seminal study, based on the book of the same title, Maxwell teaches twenty-one laws of leadership found in the Bible. This updated and expanded workbook draws on the stories of men and women in Scripture to show how they modeled, or failed to model, the undeniable laws that make a person a great leader. Lessons include in-depth studies on the laws of leadership seen in men and women such as Rahab (the Law of Influence), Joshua (the Law of Navigation), Absalom (the Law of Connection), Ezra (the Law of Empowerment), Barnabas (the Law of Intuition), Paul (the Law of Sacrifice), and especially Jesus (the Law of Legacy).
With insights gleaned from his forty-plus years of leadership success, Maxwell helps you:
- Take your leadership skills to the next level
- Discover life-changing principles of influence, empowerment, intuition, and legacy
- Observe your own career and evaluate yourself, using an evaluation tool that reveals your leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Learn from stories and observations from the worlds of business, politics, sports, the military, and non-profit organizations so you can transform as a leader
Each of the twenty-one lessons contains the following sections:
- Definition of the Law: Understand the law and how it operates (explained using quotes from The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership).
- Case Studies: Explore three primary characters in the Bible—some positive, some negative—that reveal and illustrate the law.
- Study Questions: Dig into Scripture and learn about the leadership law from each Bible character’s life.
- Leadership Insight and Reflection: Draw important personal conclusions about the impact of this law on your life.
- Taking Action: Assess yourself in this law and develop specific action steps to grow or make important changes.
- Group Discussion Questions: Explore the core issues and share your insights through a guided discussion with your group.
This workbook isn’t designed to be merely a theoretical exercise. It’s meant to help you become a better leader. And while you can easily go through this study on your own, there’s nothing more transformational than learning with other like-minded people. So, gather a group of any size and see what happens as you help each other become the kind of leaders that people want to follow.
Designed for use with The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership (9781418508265), sold separately.
More by John C. MaxwellSee more
We see problems everywhere and we think, Why doesn’t somebody do something? The institutions we’ve depended on aren’t making the world a better place the way we thought they could and should. So now it’s up to us.
The good news is, YOU can change your world.
In this book, John Maxwell and Rob Hoskins guide readers through the entire process. These two leaders have been making a positive impact for decades, transforming lives, communities, and businesses around the world with a sense of mission and high regard for human dignity. They will show you how to
- Identify your cause
- Live out the values that make a difference
- Become a catalyst for change
- Join the right or recruit one of your own
- Work together with others to make a difference
- Measure your impact and keep improving
Whether you influence only one other person or you’re the leader of a large organization, you too can bring about positive, lasting change. Throughout these pages, Maxwell and Hoskins share their real-world experiences and encourage others to make a difference based on the needs they see around them and the desires of their heart.
Great leaderships will face challenges. Markets will collapse; pandemics will come; people will always provide new and interesting ways to makes things difficult. But leaders must achieve results and build a team that produces, even when you are faced with difficult circumstances.
This all-new book from John Maxwell, created using content from several of his previous bestselling titles, is the ultimate guide to helping your team survive and even thrive when the unexpected happens. Maxwell helps leaders identify their team's main challenges, take stock of their liabilities, understand what they can control, and use challenges as opportunities to rethink the way they do things. He ultimately gives leaders the tools to grow their teams in the midst of difficult times.
Through humor, in-depth insight, and examples, internationally recognized leadership expert John C. Maxwell reassures leaders that they can still lead well and help people develop the skills they need to become great leaders, even when times are tough.