Understanding progressive enhancement will make you a better web professional, whether you’re a content strategist, information architect, UX designer, visual designer, front-end developer, back-end developer, or project manager. It will enable you to visualize experience as a continuum and craft interfaces that are capable of reaching more users while simultaneously costing less money to develop. When you’ve mastered the tenets and concepts of this book, you will see the web in a whole new way and gain web design superpowers that will make you invaluable to your employer, clients, and the web as a whole. Visit http://adaptivewebdesign.info to learn more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Picturefill 2.0: Responsive Images And The Perfect Polyfill
- Responsive Images Done Right: A Guide To <picture> And srcset
- Automate Your Responsive Images With Mobify.js
- One Solution To Responsive Images
- Addressing The Responsive Images Performance Problem: A Case Study
- Clown Car Technique: Solving Adaptive Images In Responsive Web Design
- Simple Responsive Images With CSS Background Images
- Responsive Images With WordPress’ Featured Images
- Responsive Image Container: A Way Forward For Responsive Images?
- Rethinking Responsive SVG
This practical guide focuses on principles, tactics, and actionable methods for presenting your designs. Whether you design UX, websites, or products, you’ll learn how to win over anyone who has influence over the project—with the goal of creating the best experience for the end user.Walk through the process of preparing for and presenting your designsUnderstand stakeholder perspectives, and learn how to empathize with themCultivate both implicit and explicit listening skillsLearn tactics and formulas for expressing the most effective response to feedbackDiscover why the way you follow through is just as crucial as the meeting itselfEducate your stakeholders by sharing the chapter from this book on how to work with designers