Research shows that visual information is more quickly and easily understood, and much more likely to be remembered. This innovative book presents the design process and the best software tools for creating infographics that communicate. Including a special section on how to construct the increasingly popular infographic resume, the book offers graphic designers, marketers, and business professionals vital information on the most effective ways to present data.
With Cool Infographics, you'll learn to create infographics to successfully reach your target audience and tell clear stories with your data.
Randy Krum is founder and president of InfoNewt, an infographic design and data visualization company, and the creator of Cool Infographics (coolinfographics.com). He designs infographics for both online publications and internal communications, and consults on building infographic landing pages, social sharing links, infographic SEO, reaching key influencers, and tracking results.
Deliver meaningful BI visualizations and real-time dashboards to users across your organization—quickly and easily. Written by an experienced author and certified trainer, Tableau 9: The Official Guide offers step-by-step instruction, best practices, examples, and downloadable video tutorials. See how to get up-and-running on Tableau, load data, drag and drop components, add graphics and maps, create complex calculations, and distribute dynamic dashboards and stories. This practical book teaches how to work with Tableau Server, write custom programs, and publish your results to the Web.
· Connect to data from different systems, spreadsheets, and databases
· Use pre-defined visualizations, sample workbooks, and Show Me
· Analyze with graphs, charts, tables, and statistics
· Create advanced calculations, including new level of detail expressions
· Add geographic analysis and Internet-provided background maps
· Combine multiple visualizations into dynamic dashboards and stories
· Export to the Web and to other file formats using Tableau Server, Online and Public
Electronic content includes:
· Videos that demonstrate the techniques presented in the book
· Sample Tableau workbooks
· Complete formula language reference