With iPhone® Application Development for Dummies, SecondEdition, you'll learn to:
- Design small- or large-scale iPhone applications for profit orfun
- Create new iPhone apps using Xcode®
- Get your applications into the App Store
- Work with frameworks
Got a good idea? Turn it into an app, have some fun, and pick upsome cash!
Make the most of the new 3.1 OS and Apple's Xcode 3.2! NealGoldstein shows you how, and even illustrates the process with oneof his own apps that's currently being sold. Even if you're not aprogramming pro, you can turn your bright idea into an app you canmarket, and Neal even shows you how to get it into the AppStore!
- Mobile is different ? learn what makes a great app for mobiledevices and how an iPhone app is structured
- What you need ? download the free Software Development Kit,start using Xcode, and become an "official" iPhone developer
- The nitty-gritty ? get the hang of frameworks and iPhonearchitecture
- Get busy with apps ? discover how to make Xcode work for you tosupport app development
- Off to the store ? get valuable advice on getting your appsinto the App Store
- Want to go further? ? explore what goes intoindustrial-strength apps
Open the book and find:
- What it takes to become a registered Apple developer
- How to debug your app
- What's new in iPhone 3.1 and Xcode 3.2
- What goes into a good interface for a small device
- How applications work in the iPhone environment
- Why you must think like a user
- What the App Store expects of you
- What makes a great iPhone app
Visit the companion Web site atwww.dummies.com/go/iphoneappdevfd2e for source code and additionalinformation on iPhone app development.