AARP iPad: Tech to Connect introduces you to the world?smost popular tablet device, the iPad, and all the amazing things ithas to offer. In clear, non-technical language, this book guidesyou through registering and setting up your iPad, gettingacquainted with the multitouch interface, navigating around thescreen, finding and downloading apps, reading books, listening tomusic, watching videos, surfing the web, and communicating withfriends and family.
- Developed in partnership with AARP and dedicated to helpingreaders stay connected with friends, family, and community byproviding timely and helpful advice and solutions for using tech toconnect
- Covers the need-to-know basics like powering up your iPad,getting it registered, and navigating the multitouch interface
- Walks you through setting up your e-mail account, typing withthe onscreen keyboard, browsing the Internet, shopping at theiTunes store, and finding your way from Point A to Point B withMaps
- Explores the iPad?s multimedia features like taking and sharingphotos and videos, reading e-books, downloading and listening toyour favorite music, watching and recording movies, playing games,and more
- Shows you how to expand your iPad?s functionality with apps,maintain your contacts and schedule with the calendar and contactsfeatures, and stay on top of the latest news with NotificationCenter
- Helps you stay in touch with family and friends throughFaceTime video calling, social media, texting with iMessage, andmore
No matter how you look at it, the iPad is one incredible device,and this book is your one-of-a kind guide to making the most ofit.