Use Microsoft’s free PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2010 to analyze immense amounts of data from any source, perform state-of-the-art business analysis far more easily, and make better decisions in less time!
Simple, step-by-step instructions walk you through installing PowerPivot, importing data, using PivotTables with PowerPivot, using super-powerful DAX functions and measures, reporting to print or SharePoint, and a whole lot more.
Whatever your Excel data analysis experience, this book will help you use PowerPivot to get the right answers, right now—without IT’s help!
Full Color: Figures and code appear as they do in Excel 2016
Beyond the Basics…Beneath the Surface...In Depth
Do more in less time!
Experienced with Excel? Don’t let Excel 2016 make you feel like a beginner again! This new full-color edition of the bestselling book has been completely overhauled. Gone is unnecessary and rarely used content; emphasis is on the most-used and new aspects of Excel 2016. The result is a focused book where every topic is relevant and worth learning. Excel 2016 In Depth is the fastest, smartest way to master Excel 2016’s full power and updated interface. You’ll discover how to leverage Excel’s new tools for charting, business analysis, data visualization, forecasting, and more.
• Quickly clean your data with Excel 2016’s powerful Get & Transform tools
• Discover Excel 2016’s newest charts: waterfall, histogram, Pareto, sunburst, TreeMap, and Box and Whisker
• Use Forecast Sheets to forecast the future, including seasonal adjustments
• Pivot data on maps with 3D Maps, and animate your maps over time
• Create formulas, charts, subtotals, and pivot tables faster than ever
• Create amazing PowerPivot data mashups that integrate information from anywhere
• Automate repetitive functions using Excel macros
• Solve real-world business intelligence analysis problems
• Use PowerPivot Data Model to create pivot tables from multiple data sets without VLOOKUP
• Share workbooks on the Web and social networks
• Leverage Excel to create highly interactive web pages and online surveys
• Quickly apply attractive, consistent formats
This book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Excel, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. See inside for details.
This book reveals data visualization techniques you won’t find anywhere else and shows you how to use Excel 2013 to create designer-quality charts and graphs that stand out from the crowd. It will help you make the most of new features ranging from Power View to Recommended Charts, and instantly share your insights with anyone, anywhere–even on the Web and social networks.
Learning advanced Excel techniques has never been easier. You’ll find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world
examples and case studies, and more than a dozen YouTube videos, straight from MrExcel!
• Create stunning data visualizations instantly with Excel 2013’s new Recommended Charts
• Use charts to instantly reveal trends, differences, and relationships
• Map your data with Excel 2013, MapPoint, and the new GeoFlow add-in
• Quickly generate combo charts that once required complex, frustrating procedures
• Use sparklines to imbue worksheets with more context and insight
• Highlight and clarify the meaning of data with DataBars, color scales, icon sets, and other conditional formatting tools
• Post charts to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, directly from Excel
• Build stock charts that help you make smarter investments
• Solve “non-standard” problems such as noncontiguous data or custom data sequences
• Generate new charts automatically with Excel VBA
• Uncover visual tricks that people use to lie with Excel
About MrExcel Library: Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks
and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen, Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these
• Dramatically increase your productivity–saving you 50 hours a year or more
• Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems
• Show you how to get great results, no matter how much data you have
• Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make
The two books included in this kit are:
9780735640580 Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel 2010 9780735643369 Microsoft Office Excel 2007: Data Analysis and Business Modeling, 3E
Transform your skills, data, and business—and create your own BI solutions using software you already know and love: Microsoft Excel. Two business intelligence (BI) experts take you inside PowerPivot functionality for Excel 2013, with a focus on real world scenarios, problem-solving, and data modeling. You'll learn how to quickly turn mass quantities of data into meaningful information and on-the-job results—no programming required! Understand the differences between PowerPivot for Self Service BI and SQL Server Analysis Services for Corporate BI Extend your existing data-analysis skills to create your own BI solutions Quickly manipulate large data sets, often in millions of rows Perform simple-to-sophisticated calculations and what-if analysis Create complex reporting systems with data modeling and Data Analysis Expressions Share your results effortlessly across your organization using Microsoft SharePoint
Authors’ note on using Microsoft Excel 2016: This book’s content was written against Excel 2013, but it is useful and valid for users of Excel 2016 too. Excel 2016 introduces several new DAX functions and an improved editor for DAX without changing any existing behavior. In other words, all of the concepts and examples explained in this book continue to work with Excel 2016.