Use Microsoft’s free PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2010 to analyze immense amounts of data from any source, perform state-of-the-art business analysis far more easily, and make better decisions in less time!
Simple, step-by-step instructions walk you through installing PowerPivot, importing data, using PivotTables with PowerPivot, using super-powerful DAX functions and measures, reporting to print or SharePoint, and a whole lot more.
Whatever your Excel data analysis experience, this book will help you use PowerPivot to get the right answers, right now—without IT’s help!
Excel® 2016 PIVOT TABLE DATA CRUNCHING
CRUNCH DATA FROM ANY SOURCE, QUICKLY AND EASILY, WITH EXCEL 2016 PIVOT TABLES!
Use Excel 2016 pivot tables and pivot charts to produce powerful, dynamic reports in minutes instead of hours… understand exactly what’s going on in your business… take control, and stay in control! Even if you’ve never created a pivot table before, this book will help you leverage all their amazing flexibility and analytical power. Drawing on more than 40 combined years of Excel experience, Bill Jelen and Michael Alexander offer practical “recipes” for solving real business problems, help you avoid common mistakes, and present tips and tricks you’ll find nowhere else!
• Create, customize, and change pivot tables
• Transform huge data sets into clear summary reports
• Analyze data faster with Excel 2016’s new recommended pivot tables
• Instantly highlight your most profitable customers, products, or regions
• Quickly import, clean, and shape data with Power Query vBuild geographical pivot tables with Power Map
• Use Power View dynamic dashboards to see where your business stands
• Revamp analyses on the fly by dragging and dropping fields
• Build dynamic self-service reporting systems
• Combine multiple data sources into one pivot table
• Use Auto grouping to build date/time-based pivot tables faster vCreate data mashups with Power Pivot
• Automate pivot tables with macros and VBA
About MrExcel Library
Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen, Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these books will
• Dramatically increase your productivity—saving you 50 hours a year or more
• Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems
• Show you how to get great results, no matter how much data you have
• Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make
Bill Jelen is MrExcel, the world’s #1 spreadsheet wizard. Jelen hosts MrExcel.com, the premier Excel solutions site, with more than 20 million page views annually. A Microsoft MVP for Excel, his best-sellers include Excel 2016 In Depth. Michael Alexander, Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) and Microsoft MVP, is author of several books on advanced business analysis with Excel and Access. He has more than 15 years of experience developing Office solutions.
Full Color: Figures and code appear as they do in Excel 2016
Beyond the Basics…Beneath the Surface...In Depth
Do more in less time!
Experienced with Excel? Don’t let Excel 2016 make you feel like a beginner again! This new full-color edition of the bestselling book has been completely overhauled. Gone is unnecessary and rarely used content; emphasis is on the most-used and new aspects of Excel 2016. The result is a focused book where every topic is relevant and worth learning. Excel 2016 In Depth is the fastest, smartest way to master Excel 2016’s full power and updated interface. You’ll discover how to leverage Excel’s new tools for charting, business analysis, data visualization, forecasting, and more.
• Quickly clean your data with Excel 2016’s powerful Get & Transform tools
• Discover Excel 2016’s newest charts: waterfall, histogram, Pareto, sunburst, TreeMap, and Box and Whisker
• Use Forecast Sheets to forecast the future, including seasonal adjustments
• Pivot data on maps with 3D Maps, and animate your maps over time
• Create formulas, charts, subtotals, and pivot tables faster than ever
• Create amazing PowerPivot data mashups that integrate information from anywhere
• Automate repetitive functions using Excel macros
• Solve real-world business intelligence analysis problems
• Use PowerPivot Data Model to create pivot tables from multiple data sets without VLOOKUP
• Share workbooks on the Web and social networks
• Leverage Excel to create highly interactive web pages and online surveys
• Quickly apply attractive, consistent formats
This book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Excel, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. See inside for details.
Power Query for Power BI and Excel goes well beyond the surface of what Power Query can do. The book goes deep into the underlying M language, showing you how to do amazing things that aren’t going to be possible from just the GUI interface that is covered in most other books. You’ll have full command of the GUI, and you’ll be able to drop into the M language to go beyond what the GUI provides. The depth in this book makes it a must-have item for anyone who is pushing Power BI and Excel to their limits in the pursuit of business intelligence from data analysis.Teaches the basics of using Power Query to load data into ExcelHelps you solve common, data-related problems with Power QueryShows how to write your own solutions in the powerful M language
Transform your skills, data, and business—and create your own BI solutions using software you already know and love: Microsoft Excel. Two business intelligence (BI) experts take you inside PowerPivot functionality for Excel 2013, with a focus on real world scenarios, problem-solving, and data modeling. You'll learn how to quickly turn mass quantities of data into meaningful information and on-the-job results—no programming required! Understand the differences between PowerPivot for Self Service BI and SQL Server Analysis Services for Corporate BI Extend your existing data-analysis skills to create your own BI solutions Quickly manipulate large data sets, often in millions of rows Perform simple-to-sophisticated calculations and what-if analysis Create complex reporting systems with data modeling and Data Analysis Expressions Share your results effortlessly across your organization using Microsoft SharePoint
Authors’ note on using Microsoft Excel 2016: This book’s content was written against Excel 2013, but it is useful and valid for users of Excel 2016 too. Excel 2016 introduces several new DAX functions and an improved editor for DAX without changing any existing behavior. In other words, all of the concepts and examples explained in this book continue to work with Excel 2016.