Use Microsoft’s free PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2010 to analyze immense amounts of data from any source, perform state-of-the-art business analysis far more easily, and make better decisions in less time!
Simple, step-by-step instructions walk you through installing PowerPivot, importing data, using PivotTables with PowerPivot, using super-powerful DAX functions and measures, reporting to print or SharePoint, and a whole lot more.
Whatever your Excel data analysis experience, this book will help you use PowerPivot to get the right answers, right now—without IT’s help!
- Import and integrate data from spreadsheets, SQL Server, Access, Oracle, text files, Atom data feeds, and other sources
- Analyze multiple tables together, without complicated VLOOKUPs
- Format, sort, and filter data in the PowerPivot window
- Add calculated columns using new DAX functions
- Create powerful reports from PowerPivot data—and format them so executives instantly get your point
- Discover PivotTable tricks that work even better in PowerPivot
- Control multiple PivotTable elements on one worksheet, with one set of Excel 2010 Slicers
- Use DAX Measures to quickly perform tasks that were difficult or impossible with Calculated Fields
- Compare today’s sales to yesterday’s–or to sales from the parallel period last fiscal year.
- Use Named Sets to prepare asymmetric reports, show actuals for past months and plan for future months.