CliffsQuickReview Accounting Principles I is your logical, easy-to-grasp guide to understanding the language of business. This guide introduces each topic, defines key terms, and walks you through each sample problem step-by-step. In no time, you'll be ready to tackle the key concepts in this book such as
CliffsQuickReview Accounting Principles I acts as a supplement to your textbook and to classroom lectures. Use this reference in any way that fits your personal style for study and review — you decide what works best with your needs. Whether you read the book from cover to cover or focus on select topics, you always get clear, jargon-free explanations of the fundamentals, supplemented with equations, charts, and tables.
With titles available for all the most popular high school and college courses, CliffsQuickReview guides are a comprehensive resource that can help you get the best possible grades.
Elizabeth A. Minbiole, CPA, MBA, is an associate professor at Northwood University in Midland, Michigan,where she teaches accounting principles, cost accounting, and financial statement analysis; as well as managerial accounting in the Richard DeVos Graduate School of Management.
Divided into concise but complete bites that are easy to find and easy to understand, Accounting at Your Fingertips, Second Edition, covers all topics related to the monthly accounting process. Based on the notion that time is the scarcest commodity of all, this book is organized to allow readers the shortest path to the information they need, including:
- Organization and proper accounting procedures.
- Creating a chart of accounts and balance sheet accounts.
- Posting accounts to the general ledger.
- Reporting assets and expenses.
- Handling receivables, payroll, and cost of goods and services.
- Posting salaries, wages, and payroll taxes.
- End-of-month accounting tasks and procedures.
- Producing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and end-of-year payroll reports.Closing the books at the end of the year.
• Manage and sell your product or service
• Perform a month-end balancing of accounts
Packed with definitions of basic accounting terms, sample accounting statements, and a wealth of tips and tricks to simplify the accounting process, Accounting for Small Business Owners has everything you need to get the job done!