Security experts Allan Liska and Timothy Gallo explain how the success of these attacks has spawned not only several variants of ransomware, but also a litany of ever-changing ways they’re delivered to targets. You’ll learn pragmatic methods for responding quickly to a ransomware attack, as well as how to protect yourself from becoming infected in the first place.
- Learn how ransomware enters your system and encrypts your files
- Understand why ransomware use has grown, especially in recent years
- Examine the organizations behind ransomware and the victims they target
- Learn how wannabe hackers use Ransomware as a Service (RaaS) to launch campaigns
- Understand how ransom is paid—and the pros and cons of paying
- Use methods to protect your organization’s workstations and servers