At well over a million words and more than 1,000 entries, the Encyclopedia has unparalleled breadth and depth. Entries range in length from brief paragraphs to major essays of 15,000 words, offering a more thorough treatment--including expert synthesis and indispensable bibliographies--than conventional handbooks or dictionaries.
This is a book that no reader or writer of poetry will want to be without.
- Thoroughly revised and updated by a new editorial team for twenty-first-century students, scholars, and poets
- More than 250 new entries cover recent terms, movements, and related topics
- Broader international coverage includes articles on the poetries of more than 110 nations, regions, and languages
- Expanded coverage of poetries of the non-Western and developing worlds
- Updated bibliographies and cross-references
- New, easier-to-use page design
- Fully indexed for the first time