Speech and Speaker Recognition: Large Margin and Kernel Methods is a collation of research in the recent advances in large margin and kernel methods, as applied to the field of speech and speaker recognition. It presents theoretical and practical foundations of these methods, from support vector machines to large margin methods for structured learning. It also provides examples of large margin based acoustic modelling for continuous speech recognizers, where the grounds for practical large margin sequence learning are set. Large margin methods for discriminative language modelling and text independent speaker verification are also addressed in this book.
- Provides an up-to-date snapshot of the current state of research in this field
- Covers important aspects of extending the binary support vector machine to speech and speaker recognition applications
- Discusses large margin and kernel method algorithms for sequence prediction required for acoustic modeling
- Reviews past and present work on discriminative training of language models, and describes different large margin algorithms for the application of part-of-speech tagging
- Surveys recent work on the use of kernel approaches to text-independent speaker verification, and introduces the main concepts and algorithms
- Surveys recent work on kernel approaches to learning a similarity matrix from data
This book will be of interest to researchers, practitioners, engineers, and scientists in speech processing and machine learning fields.