In his trademark blunt style, and laced with wry throwaway humour, Ashwani Gujral cuts through the clutter and awe surrounding day trading, sharply zeroing in on the skills, methods and abilities which spell success in this most challenging and rewarding of endeavours.
This book will equip you with the skills and temperament to make you market ready. It reveals Ashwani’s time-tested and practical day trading strategies and systems which are easy to understand and implement:
• The 3Ms of trading success — method, money management and mind-set
• The technical pillars — moving averages, pivots and exceptional candles
• Profitable trade entry, trade management and exit tactics
• How to trade the morning range, trends, gaps, and sideways markets
• How to add the catalyst of big news events to power your trades.
• How to avoid — and profit from — market traps
• How to harness the explosive power of multiple trading tools working in tandem
• Money management — position size and risk management
• How to master your mind in order to vanquish the market
• The daily discipline of a successful day trader.
Packed with 200+ real market examples and charts, this book shows you how to approach the market every single trading day like a winner, equipped with appropriate technical expertise and supreme self-confidence.
Ashwani Gujral is one of India’s most famous market analysts and trading experts. He is the Chief Market Strategist and Fund Manager of ashwanigujral.com and a regular market commentator including on CNBC TV18 business channel. He has written on trading and technical analysis for leading US specialist magazines and journals, including The Active Trader, Stock Futures and Options, Futures, Trader’s Source, and Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities. Ashwani has been a full time trader of stocks and derivatives since 1995. His activities include running a technical analysis plus trading chatroom and newsletter.
Ashwani’s brilliant academic background spans engineering and finance. He is BE (Electronics and Communications) from M.I.T. Manipal, 1993 and MBA (Finance) from Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA, 1995.
Ashwani Gujral’s earlier two books, How to Make Money Trading Derivatives and How to Make Money Trading with Charts are established runaway bestsellers. This is his third book.
Rachana A. Vaidya
Rachana A. Vaidya is an independent full time trader on Dalal Street. A B.E. and MBA Finance she also has several financial market certifications. She worked in the corporate world for about a decade, including in Amul Industries, Kotak Mahindra Bank and Reliance Industries.
Rachana has worked on technical research assignments with Ashwani Gujral since 2016.
This is a pioneering book on trading Indian futures and options written by an expert who does so for a living. It is an insider's guide which spans the three aspects of successful trading: charting and entry techniques, money and trade management, and trading psychology:
● How to figure out whether the market is trending or range-bound; the technical indicators to apply in different phases
● Day trading, swing trading, and position trading — profitable approaches and appropriate precautions for these three futures trading strategies
● Cash and futures arbitrage — how to get risk-free returns from idle cash
● Money-making options strategies
● How to trade with discipline
● The critical importance of money and trade management; rules for limiting your risk per trade and how to work out the size of your trading positions.
Based on an insider's expertise and experience of trading Indian futures and options, the book is packed with proven strategies and examples of real trades in the Indian derivatives market. The author boldly asserts that "derivatives have changed the Indian trading landscape forever . . . It is, finally, possible to make a fortune on the Indian stock market."
The attraction can also be fatal because you have to act fast and if you don’t have a clear strategy, the rapidly unfolding market events can stampede you into making wrong moves.
This book contains a powerful day trading strategy, complete from how to select a stock to trade, to risk management and profitable exits. The strategy rests on the author’s innovative concepts of trade invitation, and running and stagnant prices.
● Should you be day trading? Where to start
● Understanding trends — and how they are affected by changes in market sentiments
● How to interpret what the price is telling you
● How to identify a trade invitation
● How to confirm the validity of a trade invitation
● How and when to use running price to enter a trade
● Simple stop loss rules to manage the risk of a trade going wrong
● When to book profits.
Here is a concise, actionable guide to making money in day trading by a successful day trader who has trained more than 40,000 traders.
Come, profit from it.
REVIEWS FOR THE BOOK
"An excellent book with a roadmap to be successful using discipline, strategy and risk management, all covered in a simple way. I would recommend this book to both existing traders and people who want to start day trading." — Ajay Laddha, Director, Vantage Wealth Management Pvt Ltd.
"Covers a difficult topic like day trading in a simple manner. A good help to (those) . . . who want to be traders. They will surely benefit from these simple and realistic ideas." — Sachin Dabke, Director, Baroc Technologies
"(This) book lays the foundation for a day trader . . . to successfully sail through the stormy winds of the stock markets." — Sandeep Wagle, Founder and CEO, Power My Wealth
"Mark's book has to be on every investor's bookshelf. It is about the most comprehensive work I have ever read on investing in growth stocks." -- DAVID RYAN, three-time U.S. Investing Champion
"[Minervini is] one of the most highly respected independent traders of our generation. His experience and past history of savvy market calls is legendary." -- CHARLES KIRK, The Kirk Report
"One of Wall Street's most remarkable success stories." -- BEN POWER, Your Trading EdgeTHE INVESTOR'S GUIDE TO SUPERPERFORMANCE!
Dramatically increase your stock market returns with the legendary SEPA system!
For the first time ever, U.S. Investing Champion Mark Minervini reveals the proven, time-tested trading system he used to achieve triple-digit returns for five consecutive years, averaging 220% per year for a 33,500% compounded total return.
In Trade Like a Stock Market Wizard, Minervini unveils his trademarked stock market method SEPA, which provides outsized returns in virtually every market by combining careful risk management, self-analysis, and perseverance. He explains in detail how to select precise entry points and preserve capital—for consistent triple- digit returns.
Whether you're just getting started in the stock market or you're a seasoned pro, Minervini will show how you how to achieve SUPERPERFORMANCE! You'll gain valuable knowledge as he shares lessons, trading truths, and specific tactics--all derived from his 30-year career as one of America's most successful stock traders.
Trade Like a Stock Market Wizard teaches you:How to find the best stocks before they make big price gains How to avoid costly mistakes made by most investors How to manage losses and protect profits How to avoid high-risk situations Precisely when to buy and when to sell How to buy an IPO Why traditional valuation doesn't work for fast-growing Superperformers Examples of Minervini's personal trades with his comments
With more than 160 chart examples and numerous case studies proving the remarkable effectiveness of Minervini's methodology, Trade Like a Stock Market Wizard puts in your hands one of the most effective and--until now--secretive stock investing systems in the world.
MARK MINERVINI has a trademarked stock market method that produces outsized returns in virtually every market. It's called Specific Entry Point Analysis--SEPA--and it has been proven effective for selecting precise entry points, preserving capital and profi ts with even more precise exit points--and consistently producing triple-digit returns.
Now, in Trade Like a Stock Market Wizard, Minervini shares--for the fi rst time ever--his coveted methodology with investors like you!
This book explains step-by-step how you can make money by trading the powerful and proven candlestick techniques. Here is how:
● Explanation of major candle signals; how to recognize them and use them effectively
● The underlying market psychology revealed by each candle formation
● How to combine candlestick signals with Western technical analysis to take advantage of high probability trades which generate explosive profits
● Stop loss settings for various candlestick signals for cutting losses. Master this and you will be way ahead of fellow traders
● How the use of candlesticks with technical analysis provides a simple mechanical trading system which eliminates emotional interference, panic and greed
● How to use candlestick charts for making money from longer term trading and investing
● PLUS: Proven, market-tested trading ideas tips and common mistakes to avoid based on the author's rich experience of trading stocks and options.
This book will enable both new traders and experienced traders derive systematic and consistent profits from the market by adding candlestick charting to their trading arsenal.
REVIEWS FOR THE BOOK
"Educative addition to the technical trader's shelf." — The Hindu Business Line
"Clearly explains and reinforces the message of each candlestick pattern, pointing out other details that can help determine success or failure at each occurrence. The real life examples are manifold, well chosen and amplify the lessons being taught. Highly recommended reading for traders in all markets to discover ways of profiting from candlestick trading." — Alan Northcott
"Sadekar's book not only manages to live upto the expectations but probably excels them. Sadekar attempts to keep things simple, and targets the beginner to intermediate level technician as his target audience.
Each type of reversal, consolidation and continuation pattern is tackled in individual chapters and illustrated liberally with charts of Indian stocks. The author leaves ample strategies for the not so active trader, also combining Dow theory tools like trend lines, oscillators and moving averages with the oriental techniques. This gives the reader an immediate advantage of getting the best of both the worlds.
While all chapters are interesting read, chapters 11 & 12 are the highlights of the book as they lay out a simple but actionable game plan for a trader and investor. As if the overall package was not sweet enough, Sadekar has compiled a tear-away candlestick ready-reckoner at the end of the book to identify emerging patterns in real time. At its price, the book is a value buy. All in all, a must read book for every freshman candle sticks trader."
— Vijay L. Bhambwani, Technical Analyst, CEO - BSPLIndia.com
So can you.
This is the first comprehensive book on chart patterns and chart analysis using real-life examples from the Indian market. It explains every significant tradeable pattern, buy and sell signal, and the use of important technical indicators with the help of more than 150 charts of Indian stocks:
● How to make big profits by identifying the ongoing trend and trading with the trend
● How to make mega profits by identifying impending trend reversals and catching big moves in the opposite direction
● How you can reap windfall profits by identifying and trading breakouts from continuation price patterns on charts
● How to use volume to confirm price action
● How to use momentum indicators in conjunction with charts to finesse profitable entries and exits
● How to improve your trading success rate and protect your capital using proven methods of money management
● How charts can help you identify hot sectors and stocks to trade
● Trading rules for various chart patterns.
Written by the bestselling author of How to Make Money Trading Derivatives, this book shows how you too can make money by identifying the market's mood with the help of the various typical patterns that are formed on charts — and by using appropriate trading methods for each pattern. Both novices and professional traders alike will profit from this book, and the lessons it offers are equally applicable whether you trade stocks, derivatives, commodities, currencies, etc.