Whether your pooch is a mixed breed or purebred, she has a distinct identity that makes her unique. The first step in understanding your dog is to respect the honorable task she was originally bred for and to identify how these inbred impulses influence her personality and behavior. In essence, you need to speak her language if you expect her to learn to understand yours.
Understanding Your Dog for Dummies gives you everything you need to learn to understand your pooch’s unique dialect of “Doglish”—and shows you how to take on the role as pack leader to give your dog the cues, guidance, and consistency she needs to shape and develop good behaviors. Inside you’ll discover how to:
- Read your dog’s body language
- Communicate with your dog
- Interpret your dog’s breed-specific traits
- Correct dog-behavior-gone-bad
- Counter anxiety-based behavior
- Understand and resolve aggressive behavior
- And so much more!
Think of this book as Doglish 101—a prerequisite for every human member of your dog’s family. Now, let the training begin!