If you want to make positive changes in your life and achieve your long-term goals, I can’t think of a better way to do it than to learn how to become more self-disciplined.
Science has figured out a lot of interesting aspects of self-discipline and willpower, but most of this knowledge is buried deep inside long and boring scientific papers.
If you’d like to benefit from these studies without actually reading them, this book is for you. I’ve done the job for you and researched the most useful and viable scientific findings that will help you improve your self-discipline.
Here are just a couple things you will learn from the book:
- what a bank robber with lemon juice on his face can teach you about self-control. The story will make you laugh out loud, but its implications will make you think twice about your ability to control your urges.
- how $50 chocolate bars can motivate you to keep going when faced with an overwhelming temptation to give in.
- why President Obama wears only gray and blue suits and what it has to do with self-control (it’s also a possible reason why the poor stay poor).
- why the popular way of visualization can actually prevent you from reaching your goals and destroy your self-control (and what to do instead).
- what dopamine is and why it’s crucial to understand its role to break your bad habits and form good ones.
- 5 practical ways to train your self-discipline. Discover some of the most important techniques to increase your self-control and become better at resisting instant gratification.
- why the status quo bias will threaten your goals and what to do to reduce its effect on your resolutions.
- why extreme diets help people achieve long-term results, and how to apply these findings in your own life.
- why and when indulging yourself can actually help you build your self-discipline. Yes, you can stuff yourself (from time to time) and still lose weight.
Instead of sharing with you the detailed "why" (with confusing and boring descriptions of studies), I will share with you the "how" – advice that will change your life if you decide to follow it.
You too can master the art of self-discipline and learn how to resist temptations. Your long term goals are worth it. Scroll up and buy the book now.
As a gift for buying my book, you'll get my another book, "Grit: How to Keep Going When You Want to Give Up."
Develop self discipline, willpower and self discipline, self-discipline, self control books, stress, reach your goals, self-control, achieve your goals, instant gratification, long term goals, goal setting success, goal setting books, how to reach your goals, how to achieve your goals, persistence, how not to give up, stick to a diet, stay motivated, build habits, delayed gratification, personal development
How to Build Self-Discipline to Exercise: Discover Proven Strategies to Finally Get in Shape and Exercise on a Regular Basis for the Rest of Your Life
Everywhere you go, you see gyms, videos, and books about exercise, advertising how they can help you get in shape fast and easy. You’ve probably even put some money down before, vowing that THIS was the year you’d get in shape, lose that extra weight, and become the energetic person you know is hiding inside you. Unfortunately, life happens, and you fall into the habit of "I’ll start tomorrow."
Your motivation drops, and your self-discipline fails to push you through to achieve your goals. You begin to make excuses: you’ll be really sore after working out, it’s been too long since you’ve last exercised, you don’t have willpower, your friends and family tell you to be happy with how you are, you think you’re too weak, inflexible or otherwise unfit for exercise, and many more. There was that one time you started a program, but you couldn’t keep up with the weekly or monthly goals, so you got frustrated and gave up.
All of that has added up to make you think you’re incapable of starting and continuing an exercise program. You’re afraid you aren’t mentally or physically strong enough, but still hold out the hope that someday a magic pill will change all that.
The magic exists today, but it’s not as easy or fast as swallowing a pill. However, it can be simple and enjoyable. How to Build Self-Discipline to Exercise is a concise, practical guidebook on how to introduce and keep exercise in your life. Inside, you’ll learn:
- why the most common type of motivation people use to exercise is usually ineffective (and which types of motivation are much stronger)
- the wrong "P" that will lead you to giving up when you face obstacles
- how to overcome procrastination and finally start exercising – including a slightly uncomfortable trick that will ensure you’ll get plenty of exercise
- how to find time to exercise despite a hectic schedule (and surprising math that shows you actually lose time when you don’t make time for exercise)
- practical tricks and tips to stay motivated forever, even when you encounter obstacles
- how to enjoy exercise while still getting the most powerful benefits of it (hint: if your workout involves "work," it’s not a good workout)
- how to prevent injuries, improve recovery, and handle the inevitable muscle soreness so you stick to exercise even if your body acts against you
- how to deal with other people, wrong expectations, and negativity (from both your surroundings and yourself in the form of self-criticism or self-doubt)
When put together and acted upon, the six chapters in this book – supported by over 80 references to scientific studies and credible experts – will help you form a new habit and make one of the most important changes you'll ever make in your life.
Purchase the book now and let’s embark on the journey to learn how.
Develop self discipline, willpower and self discipline, self-discipline, self control books, stress, reach your goals, self-control, achieve your goals, instant gratification, long term goals, goal setting success, goal setting books, how to reach your goals, how to achieve your goals, persistence, how not to give up, how to exercise, stay motivated, build habits, exercising, personal development, exercising
If you browse through the interviews with some of the most successful people on Earth, you’ll find one common piece of advice shared by virtually all of them:
They never give up on their big goals.
Research shows that grit is a better predictor for success than any other factor. The ability to keep going despite setbacks is more important than your IQ, character or other external factors like your upbringing or surroundings.
But what does it really mean to “never give up”? What exactly is grit? How do you persevere when faced with larger than life difficulties? How do you keep going when you’re at the brink of exhaustion and all your hard work hasn’t been rewarded yet?
I wrote this book to explore the subject of persistence from a more scientific point of view than cliché self-help sayings. I want to share with you how exactly to stick to your goals according to peak performers and science – not vague motivational advice that assumes we have unlimited strength once we’re motivated enough.
Here are just a couple of things you will learn from the book:
- A crucial piece of advice you can learn from the first people who reached the South Pole. If you make the wrong choice, you’ll burn out – guaranteed.
- What famous American comic Jerry Seinfeld did in his early days of career to keep going. It’s a simple trick that provides huge results.
- What a study on top musicians, athletes, actors and chess players can teach you about achieving results and persistence. The elite performers practice much fewer hours than you believe.
- Five of the most common ways you lead yourself to self-sabotage. Usually, you’re not even aware of how many of your efforts go for naught simply because of the five things I discuss in this book.
- According to studies, this one trait is strongly associated with grit and persistence. Learn what it is and how to develop it in five different ways.
- Five focusing questions to keep going. Asking yourself these questions will help you boost your motivation when you’re at the brink of giving up.
- How listening to others whining makes a part of your brain shrink and affects your ability to persevere when faced with setbacks.
- Six bestselling authors and bloggers share their best techniques on how to keep going when you want to give up: Stephen Guise (author of “Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results”), Joel Runyon (blogger at ImpossibleHQ.com), Serena Star-Leonard (bestselling author of “How to Retire in 12 Months: Turning Passion into Profit”) Derek Doepker (bestselling author of “Why You’re Stuck”), Michal Stawicki (bestselling author of “Trickle-Down Mindset: The Missing Element In Your Personal Success”), and Hung Pham (bestselling author of “Break Through: 12 Powerful Steps to Destroy Your Mental Barriers and Achieve Success”).
There’s no reason why you should give up if you’re working on the right goal. Learn how to make sure you’ll reach your objectives. Scroll up and buy the book now.
For more free resources, sign up for my self-improvement newsletter:
How not to give up, persistence, grit, how to keep going, how to reach your goals, how to achieve goals, how to achieve success, how to be resilient, how to be strong, how to be tough, success mindset, success tips, psychology of success, success psychology, self-discipline, self-help books, personal development ebooks, personal development books, personal growth success, personal growth and inspiration
If you are an entrepreneur or want to become one, self-discipline is one of the most important skills you need to develop to achieve success.
Entrepreneurship is a wild rollercoaster. It will test your willpower and persistence time after time, like nothing else. Get yourself ready for that ride by reading Self-Discipline for Entrepreneurs.
Learn how to overcome the common temptations of entrepreneurs and deal with some of the most common challenges that stop many of them in their tracks through developing and maintaining self-discipline by using the tools that are given in this book.
Drawing upon my own experience of successful entrepreneurship and current scientific research, this book covers the challenges faced by both new and seasoned entrepreneurs. Here are just some of the things you will learn:
- Three types of motivation and why one of them is much weaker than you think. Choose the right motivators and you'll dramatically strengthen your resolve.
- How to create a lifestyle centered around self-discipline. Discover how to change your mindset and your default behaviors so you will thrive as an entrepreneur, even when you find yourself in less than ideal circumstances.
- How to keep balance and maintain sanity as you work on your business. The book gives you four reasons that lead to work imbalance and offers actionable solutions to enable you to persist in achieving the success you desire. If you want to achieve lasting success, sustainability is key.
- Four toolsets to develop your self-discipline as an entrepreneur. Discover the most powerful traits, habits, or mindset changes that are necessary to strengthen your resolve as an entrepreneur.
- The most common challenges facing people who want to start a business. Learn how to escape from a syndrome that is debilitating for new entrepreneurs and discover how to get past some of the most common stumbling blocks.
- Common self-discipline challenges for experienced entrepreneurs. Once you have made a good start, if you want to remain successful as an entrepreneur, it's essential to discover how to handle these issues.
- Frequently asked questions related to self-discipline. Find out how to maintain self-discipline when you feel discouraged, keep going when everyone rejects you, boost your confidence when business goes down, find the willpower to work on your business if you have a day job and/or other obligations, and more.
The life of an entrepreneur can be arduous. Let this book help you prepare for these challenges and thrive, no matter what you encounter in your entrepreneurial life.
Develop self discipline, willpower, self-discipline for entrepreneurs, self control books, stress, reach your goals, self-control, achieve your goals, instant gratification, long term goals, goal setting success, goal setting books, how to reach your goals, how to achieve your goals, persistence, how not to give up, how to be an entrepreneur, stay motivated, build habits, entrepreneurship, personal development
Discover 4 Steps to Permanently Eliminate Distractions and Focus on Your Goals in the Long-Term
How do you feel about investing years of your life into achieving an important goal – your time, energy, money, blood, sweat, and tears – only to give up and throw it all away?
If you constantly switch your attention from one thing to another, dabble in multiple projects, and give up on your goals whenever things get hard, you’ll eventually fail – absolutely guaranteed!
Wouldn’t it be life-changing to finally be able to focus on your most important goals, work on them diligently on a daily basis, and make them a reality?
Fortunately, even if you’ve been engaging in such unproductive behaviors ever since you can remember, you can escape this vicious cycle.
Written by bestselling author Martin Meadows, The Ultimate Focus Strategy: How to Set the Right Goals, Develop Powerful Focus, Stick to the Process, and Achieve Success uncovers a powerful strategy that helped him overcome extreme shyness, get in shape in less than twelve months after years of negligence, launch a successful business after six years of failures, release several bestsellers, learn two foreign languages, dramatically reduce his fear of heights, and travel to exotic destinations.
Here’s just a taste of what you’ll learn from the book:
- How to make smart sacrifices to achieve your goals. Sacrifice is a must, but it doesn’t mean you have to throw your life out of balance.
- How to set the right goals, transform them into real-world actions and motivate yourself to get started. Discover when and how to start working on your goals.
- Learn how to overcome the common fears and problems of getting started, such as balancing several goals at once, overcoming a fear of failure and a fear of success (it’s more common than you think, and it might be one of the reasons why you struggle).
- Discover a 4-step process that shows you how to develop deep focus on a single path. This is how ordinary people achieve extraordinary goals.
- 7 powerful ways to overcome everyday distractions. Find out how to become focused, including how to recognize and avoid laziness triggers.
- How to focus and take action when you’re not motivated. A lack of motivation doesn’t automatically mean you’re destined to fail. Learn how to overcome this common problem and keep trucking!
- How to prioritize what to do and manage your to-do list. You’ll be surprised to hear such outrageous advice in a self-help work, but you’ll surely find yourself nodding as you read it.
- 3 key areas of life you have to change to get fascinated with your goal. Developing a positive obsession about your objectives can make the difference between success and failure.
- 5 powerful tips to stick to your resolutions despite hurdles and challenges, develop more patience, and bounce back after a failure. Learn how to persist, even in those challenging times when all you want to do is give up.
- 3 golden rules for sustainable progress. Learn how to make the Ultimate Focus Strategy a part of your everyday life and achieve consistent results.
- How to maintain success when you reach it. Discover the final lesson you absolutely need to heed, to stay successful for the rest of your life.
Nothing prevents you from finally escaping the vicious cycle of working on your goals in an uncommitted way. Buy the book now, study the strategy, apply it, and reap the benefits for the rest of your life.
how to focus, how to achieve goals, how to set goals, how not to give up, long term goals, personal development, how to be successful
Have you ever wondered what separates people who think bigger from people who set their bar low? What makes one person accept low standards and another person to constantly raise them?
Why does one person strive to build an international organization affecting the lives of millions of people, while another person is content working her entire life as a clerk? (Not that there’s anything wrong with being a clerk!)
Why is one person challenging herself to run marathons, train her body and get fitter, while another is happy living a sedentary, unhealthy lifestyle?
What drives a person who’s optimizing every single aspect of her life and what causes another person to maintain the status quo?
You can say, “Well, the answer is simple enough – one person is ambitious, while the other one is not.” But what exactly causes it? And most importantly – how do you become more ambitious and think bigger? Is it something you’re born with and can’t change, or is it something over which you have control?
I found this topic so fascinating I decided to find out the answer for myself and write a book about it. This book is the result of my research about people who think big and the science of being more ambitious.
Here are just some of the things you will learn from the book:
- What key things you need to inspire yourself to think bigger, and more importantly, achieve your big goals.
- Why you need a “why,” and what kind of motivators will set you up for success (hint: attaining money or status are some of the least motivating goals possible).
- The single most important thing to thinking bigger. If you don’t have it in your life, you will sabotage your efforts – guaranteed.
- What the chimp is and why you need to learn how to control it to get yourself motivated and work on your big goals. You can be making things hard for yourself without being aware of it.
- How to cultivate the art of strategic laziness to achieve more while doing much less than other people (why work so hard if you can get better results by being lazy?).
- The seven most important triggers of flow – a state of perfect focus where the magic happens.
- The secret of achieving the impossible is not really such a secret, but most people tend to forget about it and get overwhelmed by their goals.
I wrote this book to increase my motivation, teach myself how to think bigger and learn how to raise my standards. I hope the answer I found will help you as much as it has helped me.
You can also learn how to find motivation to become the best version of you. Scroll up and buy the book now.
For more free resources, sign up for my self-improvement newsletter:
how to think big, how to get motivated, how to get more motivation, how to achieve goals, how to set goals, thinking bigger, startup, health, teams, inspiration, big thinking, achieving goals, achieving the impossible, how to be amazing, how to be motivated, motivational guide, business motivational books, business inspirational, how to be a success, how successful people think, goal setting success, ambition, free, permafree
Most of us have no problems identifying goals we want to accomplish. It’s putting these plans into action that is difficult.
Sometimes we lack discipline or motivation. However, there’s another reason why you might struggle to make changes in your life – you have low self-efficacy and don’t believe in your abilities.
What is self-efficacy? What are the main four sources of it? How can you become more confident in your skills?
These are some of the questions I’ll answer in this short book. The advice you’re about to read is based both on scientific research and my personal experience. I will share fundamental knowledge that will help you build more confidence in your abilities and reach your goals.
Here are just a few things you will learn from the book:
- Five characteristics of people with strong self-efficacy and five characteristics of people with weak self-efficacy. These behaviors determine whether you’ll realize your full potential or succumb to mediocrity.
- What you can learn from building a university in space (and what it has to do with the belief in your own abilities). It’s the single most important thing to achieve bigger and bigger goals.
- A simple therapy to teach you how to handle failure the right way. It’s uncomfortable, but you can be sure it will kill your fear of failure once and for all.
- What a strange study about hitting dolls or treating them kindly can teach you about how others affect your beliefs about your competence. It’s the second most effective way to increase the strength of your belief in your abilities.
- What a phenomenon discovered by a German industrial psychologist can teach you about motivation. There’s a simple way to inspire you to put more effort into your goals.
- The #1 key to improving the confidence in your abilities. If you don’t have time to read the entire book, read this one tip alone.
- What a study on experts and novices can teach you about how experts approach problems. You too can adapt this behavior to shorten your learning curve and develop a stronger belief in your abilities.
If you don’t actively work on developing a strong sense of self-efficacy, making any kind of changes in your life will be an extremely difficult ordeal. Scroll up and buy this book now to change your life for the better.
For more free resources, sign up for my self-improvement newsletter:
free book, free self-help, self-efficacy, achieve your goals, develop confidence, believe in yourself, improve confidence, achieve success, achieve more, achieve your dreams, how to change your life, how to change the way you think, limiting beliefs, changing beliefs, self belief, procrastination, how to overcome procrastination, how to stop being lazy, how to stop being insecure, lack of motivation, self-esteem, building competence
Today’s world is charging at a breakneck speed. People are working over twelve hours every single day, catching extra minutes of sleep in the metro, and completely giving up on the antiquated notion of time to spend with their own kids. There are people in their twenties neglecting every single aspect of their lives but their careers looking twice older than they should.
And 1 person out of 4 dies from cardiovascular disease – caused mostly by unhealthy eating, a lack of physical activity, smoking, and consuming too much alcohol and worthless junk food that clogs their arteries.
This book will teach you how to step away from noise, relax and recharge your batteries so you have enough left in you to control your life. Here are some of the things you'll learn:
- why rituals create your life and how to develop a proper morning routine to ensure a calm mind.
- 3 main stress management techniques for recharging you’re probably not aware of. They can make you well-rested or, if you disregard them, extremely exhausted.
- how to get away from highly-stimulating surroundings to recharge in peace. If you live in a city, you MUST read this chapter.
- how to let go of negative nagging thoughts you can’t get out of your head. You don’t have to carry them with you all the time.
- 7 powerful habits to reduce stress. And no, I’m not talking about obvious advice. You’ll discover how to exactly reduce stress with lesser-known tips.
This is your chance to find out what the hard science says about how to become more relaxed. You too can finally recharge your batteries and regain control over your life. Learn how.
How to relax, how to relieve stress, how to release stress, how to reduce stress, how to chill out, stress management techniques, how to handle stress, stress reduction, stress free living, stop stressing, motivational books, inspirational books, anxiety self help, stressed out, relaxation techniques, relaxation and stress reduction, recharge your life, busyness, do less get more, do less achieve more, tired
You’ve heard of people living “the good life.” They always seem to have plenty of time, money, and energy to fulfill their goals and dreams. Their secret? A simple life.
Pure and Simple is based on the 80/20 principle and suggests steps to simplify your life, accomplish more, and increase the quality of your time and efforts – all with less work!
Inside, you’ll learn how and why you should:
- limit your choices in everyday life. Discover four areas of your life that can be greatly improved.
- declutter your physical and digital space. This doesn’t mean living with less than 100 things.
- use the golden rules of simplification. Make decisions more quickly and with less effort.
- cut unnecessary time commitments. Have the time to reach your goals and fulfill your dreams.
- build a positive outlook. Learn to overcome a negative mindset to better enjoy your life.
All these suggestions are laid out to help you shift away from the frustrating mindset of “fixing” your life by working harder, gaining more possessions, and holding on to what’s truly limiting you in life.
Each step is supported with research by leaders in psychology, behavioral studies, and neuroscience as well as examples of real habits by successful people such as Warren Buffet and President Obama.
Once you finish, you’ll be better prepared to take your life to the next level. You’ll be able to enjoy the simplicity and ease of a life without unnecessary and exhausting demands on your time and energy. More importantly, you’ll be able to stick to your simple, new habits instead of defaulting back to complexity.
Buy the book now to accomplish more in less time and get more joy out of life than you thought possible.
do less get more, do less be more, do less and achieve more, how to simplify your life, simple living, simple life, minimalism living, minimalist living, how to live simply, accomplish your goals, simplification, simplifying your life, more with less, simple rules, work less make more, work less do more, work less profit more, how to declutter your life, unclutter, get rid of clutter, organize your life