Nalin Jayawardena is a native of Sri Lanka born on April 18, 1957. He is a popular Sri Lankan singer-songwriter and vocalist. He has the ability to vocalize in a variety of styles and genre ranging from semi-classical to popular western. He is married to Renuka Jayawardena from Galahitiyawa, Ganemulla, Srilanka, a medical scientist by profession, and has two daughters. He currently resides in Perth, Australia.
He has written several of his own songs. He began his music carrier at a later stage of his life and has produced over 10 Sinhala audio CD’s and several DVD’s to entertain his fans. As of now, he has released over 10 CD’s including several tribute CD’s for the legendary singer HR Jothipala. Nalin Jayawardena has vocalized over 100 original songs. These songs were composed in collaboration with talented sinhala lyric writers such as Dr Vicumpriya Perera , Sunil Govinnage, Sriya Kumarasingha and Chrishanthi de fonseka. Musical composition for Nalin's songs were done by popular Sri Lankan musicians including Nimal Mendis, Rohan Jayawardena, Sangeeth Wickramasingha, Ananda Widyasekara and Rukshan Karunanayaka.
He was the first Sri Lankan singer to release (2004) an internet based audio album in Sinhala allowing his fans from around the world to download the album free of charge, titled "Kanda Paamule." Nalin Jayawardena is currently based in Perth, Australia.
In this page, you can listen to the following albums for FREE and may even buy a copy for yourself.
01. The album "Weli Aetayak - Vicumpriya Perera Lyrics 02" is available for free listening. The album contains 18 songs written by Vicumpriya Perera and vocalized by Nalin Jayawardena. Music composition and direction are by Sangeeth Wickramasinghe [Tracks: 01, 06, 09, and 12], Rohan Jayawardena [Tracks: 03, 11, 14, 15, and 18], Ananda Waidyasekerera [Tracks: 02, 05, 07, 10, 13, and 17], Rukshan Karunanayake (Chimes of the Seventies) [Track 08], Jayanga Dedigama [Track 16], and Sanuka Wickramasinghe [Track 04]. Duet sings are Santhuri Waidyasekera, Nijamali Jayawardena, Sanduni Rashmika, Sangeeth Wickramasinghe, and Ananda Waidyasekera. CD mastering by Jayanga Dedigama, and Cover design by Janaka Chaminda.
02. "Paata Paata Heenayak - SE" contains 18 songs sung by Nalin Jayawardena. Lyrics compositions are by Shelton Navaratne [Tracks: 01, 03, 04, 06, and 18.] Ruwan K. Ratnayake [Track 02], Nalin Jayawardena [Tracks: 05, 09, and 10.] Ananda Waidyasekera [Track 07], Latha Perera [Track 08], Vicumpriya Perera [Tracks: 11, 13, and 14] Pathum Thilakasiri [Track 12], Dilip Patabendi [Track 15], Vidyani Manathunga [Track 16] and Daya Ananda Ranasinghe [Track 17]. Music compositions by Rohan Jayawardena [Tracks 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 09, and 18], Ananda Waidyasekera [Tracks: 07, 08, 15, and 16], Sangeeth Wickramasinghe [Tracks: 10, 11, 12, and 17], and Bhadraji Jayatilaka [Tracks 13 and 14.]. Music Directions are by Seeduwa Sakura [Tracks: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, and 06], Ananda Waidyasekera [Tracks: 07, 08, 13, 14, 15, and 16], Sangeeth Wickramasinghe [Tracks: 10, 11, 12, & 17], and Rohan Jayawardena [Track 09.]. Recorded by Suneth Kelum, Sangeeth Wickramasinghe, and Jayanga Dedigama. CD Mastering by Jayanga Dedigama. Cover design by Janaka Chaminda. Special thanks to Vicumpriya Perera, Rohan Jayawardena, Chandana Hettiarachchi, and Janaka Chaminda.
03. "Duru Ratawala Api - SE" consists of 16 songs vocalized by Nalin with the duet singers Nilupuli Dilhara and Amanda Perera is also available for FREE unlimited listening online. Lyrical compositions are by Vicumpriya Perera [Tracks: 01, 03, 07, and 09.], Nalin Jayawardena [Tracks: 02, 05, 06, 08, 10, 14, and 16.], Krishanthi De Fonseka [Track 04], Shanthi Kaldemulla [Track 11], Shelton Nawaratne [Track 15], Rohan Jayawardena [Track 13], and Shan Gunawardena [Track 12.]. Music compositions and directions are by Sangeeth Wickramasinghe [Tracks: 01, 02, 05, 06, 08, and 10.], Rohan Jayawardena [Tracks: 13, 14, 15, and 16], and Ananda Waidyasekera [Tracks: 03, 04, 07, 09, 11, and 12]. CD mastering were done at Studio 2J and Jady studio, and recordings were by Jayanga Dedigama and Sangeeth Wickramasinghe. Cover design by Janaka Chaminda. Special thanks to Hemasiri Gamage.
04. "Paata Paata Samanalayan - SE" consists of 16 songs vocalized by Nalin with the duet singers Windypa Peiris, Minali Gamage Vimani Kapurubandara, and Sanduni Rashmika is also available for FREE unlimited listening online. Lyrical compositions are by Rukshan Karunanayake [Tracks: 01, 03, and 15], Vicumpriya Perera [Track 07], Nalin Jayawardena [Tracks: 02, and 13.], Latha Perera [Tracks: 09 and 14], Sriya Kumarasinghe [Tracks: 04 and 05], Bhadraji Mahinda Jayatilaka [Track 06], Sunil Govinnage [Tracks: 08 and 11], Vernon Perera [Track 12] and Dilup Patabendi [Track 10.]. Music compositions and directions are by Rukshan Karunanayake. Musical Accompaniment by Chimes of the 70's. CD mastering were done at Studio Udeshan, and recordings were by Rukshan Karunanayake. Digital Mastering by Ranga Diyabalanage of Torana Recording Studio. Cover design by Janaka Chaminda. Special thanks to Dileepa Abeysekera and Hemasiri Gamage.
05. "Perth Gamata Paayayi Sandha - Sunil Govinnage Lyrics" consists of 14 songs vocalized by Nalin with the duet singers Nilupuli Dilhara and Sanduni Rashmika is also available for FREE unlimited listening online. Lyrical compositions of all 14 songs are by Sunil Govinnage. Music compositions and directions are by Rukshan Karunanayake [Track 05], Ananda Waidyasekera [Tracks: 01, 04, 06, 09, 11 and 14], Sangeeth Wickramasinghe [Tracks: 02, 03, 12, and 13], and Rohan Jayawardena [Tracks: 07, 08, and 10.]. CD mastering were done at Studio 2J's of Australia and recordings were by Jayanga Dedigama and Sangeeth Wickramasinghe. Cover design by Janaka Chaminda.
06. Nalin Jayawardena also sang for the album "Vicumpriya Perera Lyrics 06 - Mal Renuwak" featuring 16 original songs written by Vicumpriya Perera. Tunes for the songs in the album released in 2013 were done by Rohana Weerasinghe, H M Jayawardena, Navaratne Gamage, Sarath De Alwis, Ernest Soysa, Nimal Mendis, Mervin Priyantha, Ananda Waidyasekera, Bhadraji Mahinda Jayatilaka, Rohal Jayawardena, and Rukshan Karunanayake. Music direction for the CD is by Sangeeth Wickramasinghe, Ananda Waidyasekera, and Rukshan Karunanayake. Duet singers are Amila Nadeeshani, Walter Fernando, Bhadraji Mahinda Jayatilaka, Rupa Indumathi, and Thilini Athukolara. CD production coordination by Ananda Waidyasekera, Sangeeth Wickramasinghe, and Rukshan Karunanayake. Cover design by Janaka Chaminda, CD recording by ASHA, Rukshan, and Sangeeth, and CD mastering by Studio Shree by ASHA. CD image credits - Amil Weerasinghe, Seruk Indika Pilanamanage, and Sangeeth Wickramasinghe.
07. "Pini Wessa Wage" is the newest release of Nalin Jayawardena for 2013 containing 16 original songs sung by him and written by friends he made through the Facebook. Music compositions are by Rohan Jayawardena, Sangeeth Wickramasinghe, Ananda Waidyasekera, and Dhammika Edussooriya. CD contains a duet sung with Thilini Athukorala as well. Lyricists for the album are Subhashini Gunawardena, Pradeep Nandalal, Anusha Nilanthika, Gayan Sandaruwan, Rasi Perera, Shanthi Ranasinghe, Swarna Banneheka, Lakmi Prabha Ratnayake, Dinithi Deepika, Aruna Jayawardhana, Nayomi Sirinali, Thilini Athukorala, Saman Hewage, Eranga Palathirathatne, and Lakmal Jayasinghe. CD cover image is by Janaka Chaminda.
08. "Pilak Wage" is the second newest release of Nalin Jayawardena for 2013 containing 16 original songs sung by him and written by friends he made through the Facebook. Music compositions are by Rohan Jayawardena, Sangeeth Wickramasinghe, Ananda Waidyasekera, and Dhammika Edussooriya. CD contains a duet sung with Lalitha Jayasinghe as well. Lyricists for the album are Nimal S. Perera, Dinithi Deepika, Rasi Perera, Gayan Sandaruwan, Subhashini Gunawardena, Ananda Waidyasekera, Ruwan Kumara, Lionel Bopage, Saman Hewage, Anusha Nilanthika, Lakmi Prabha Ratnayake, and Narada Wijesuriya. CD cover image is by Janaka Chaminda.
09. "Sonduru Wasanthaya", released in 2014 is the newest sinhala song CD released by Nalin Jayawardena. It contains 14 original Sinhala songs from Sri Lanka tune composed and music directed by Rukshan Karunanayake and backed by the Chimes of the 70s. The song lyrics writers for the compact disc are Vicumpriya Perera, Bhadraji Jayatilaka, Nayomi Sirinali, Indrani Kularatne, Anusha Nilanthika, Deepthi Hettiarachchi, Siri Peiris, Lakmi Prabha Ratnayake, Lakmal Jayasinghe, and Sr. Nirosha Dilhari. CD cover is by Janaka Malmuthurama. The chimes of 70s band consisting of Rukshan Karunanayake, Sugath Asanka, Kenneth De Silva, Mahesh Perera, Isuru Roshan Senanayake, Dhammika Prasad, Chaminda Pushpakumara, Udesha Karunanayake, and Premanath Kodituwakku backed the musical sound track. Recorded, Mixed, and mastered by Rukshan Karunanayake at Studio Udeshan - Gampaha, Sri Lanka.
10. "Suwandha Kekulu" is the newest sinhala language album (released in July 14, 2014) vocalized by the veteran sinhala vocalist Nalin Jayawardena originally from Sri Lanka and now resident in Australia. The songs for this album are penned by his facebook friends Rasika Koralage, Nishantha Dasanayake, Chandra Maliyaratne, Ruwan Kumara Medage, Sanjeevani Dahanayake, Sahan Methsara, Lakmi Prabha Ratnayake, Kawshi Disanayake, Ranjith Peiris, Nayanethri Kapurusinghe, Rasi Perera, Harshanath Kaanchana, Kevin Yaan Jaaldeen, and Janith Vitharanage. Melody composition and music direction for all songs is by Dhammika Edusooriya. Duet singers are Umodaa Weerasinghe and Shashika Sirimaali. Songs are recorded at Studio Shehara, Kalutara, Sri Lanka and cover design is by Janaka Chaminda.
11. "Siththaruwanani" is the seventh lyrical composition album of Vicumpriya Perera released in July 15, 2014. All songs included on this album are sung by Nalin Jayawardena, a Sri Lankan born versatile vocalist residing in Perth, Australia. Music composition and music direction for the album is by the talented music composer and director Sangeeth Wickramaisnghe. This album features two duets with Nimanthi Chamodini who is a talented Sri Lankan reality musical show star. Music orchestra for the album consists of renowned Sri Lankan musicians Mahendra Pasquel, Sarath Fernando, Dhananjaya Somasiri, Janaka Bogoda, Susil Amarasinghe, Rohana Dharmakeerthi, Shelton Wijesekera, and Dilusha Ravindranath. Album cover is by Janaka Chaminda and the CD production is by Lanka Heritage, LLC.
12. Sansara Suwanda is the newest sinhala song album by Nalin Jayawardena released on March 2015 under the Lanka Heritage Label, Sansara Suwanda contains seventeen (17) songs whose tunes are composed by Ananda Waidyasekera and one (01) song tune composed by Manju Silva. Album contains one (01) duet with talented vocalist Amila Nadeeshani and two (02) duets with the upcoming talented vocalist from Sri Lanka, Nimanthi Chamodini. Lyrical compositions of the album are by Anusha Nilanthika, Eranga C. Palathiratne, Manju Silva, Nayanethiri Kapurusinghe, Lakshman Nanayakantha, Kawshi Disanayake, Tharanga Jeevani, Prof. Anuradha Seneviratne, Janith Vitharanage, Nishantha Dasanayake, and Sanjivani Dahanayake.
CD cover is by Janaka Malmuthurama and CD music direction is by Ananda Waidyasekera.
13. Nalin Jayawardena released on August 2015, his newest album titled "Maa Obemayi Sadaa" under the Lanka Heritage Label. The album features 18 orginal sinhala songs of which 10 songs were music composed and directed by Jayanga Dedigama while the other 08 songs were music composed and directed by Darshana Wickramathunga. The album contains a duet with Chethana Ranasinghe as well. The lyrics writers for the album are Wasantha Wijekoon, Hasini Bhagya Thanthrige, Aruna Wickramarachchi, Susantha Dandeniya Gamage, Dammike Egodawatte, Nayanasena Wanninayake, Sanjeevika Samarathunga, Rasi Perera, Dr. Vicumpriya Perera, Chathurika Sewwandi, Manoji Poornima, Nishad Inthika, Eranga C. Palathiratne, Indu Liyanage, Dilini Abeysinghe, and Janith Witharanage. CD cover is by Janaka Malmuthurama and CD recordings were done at Sage Studio and Studio Sri in Sri Lanka.
14. The album, "Lanwennata Maa" containining 16 sinhala songs from Sri Lanka vocalized by Nalin Jayawardena was released on January 24, 2016. Music composition for all 16 songs of the album is by Dhammika Edussooriya. Lyrical compositions are by Marie Bhagya Fernando, Lakmi Prabha Ratnayake, Leera De Silva, Priyantha Pathirana, Susantha Dandeniya, Thushari Liyanage, Sheela Perera, Chrishanthi De Fonseka, Ereen Fernando, Thilini Athukorala, Manju Silva, Chathurika Sewwandi, and Nayomi Sirinali Navaratne. The album contains two duets with Anusha Nilanthika and Sashika Sirimali. Cover design by Janaka Malmuthurama and recored at Studio Shehara, Kalutara, Sri Lanka. This is another music album release of Lanka Heritage Records under the direction of Vicumpriya Perera.
15. The newest CD release of Nalin Jayawardena, a sinhala CD from Sri Lanka titled "Sundari Nanda" contains 18 original compositions. Music direction by Sangeeth Wickramasinghe. All 18 songs are vocalized by Nalin Jayawardena. Duet singers are Ravindra Alagiyawanna (Appachchi) and Anura Dias (Kakkutto). Lyrics by 18 upcoming sinhala song lyricists, Wasantha Wijekoon, Dilini Abeysinghe, Sanjeevani Dahanayake, Sanjeevika Samarathunga, Omaya Arumapura, Ajantha Jayasekera, Maheshi Kawshalya, Anusha Nilanthika, Swarna Banneheka, Mahiyanganaye Ariyawansa Himi, Janith Witharanage, Chathurika Sewwandi Malwatte, Nimmi Priyadarshani, Kanchana Priyakantha, Manoji Poornima, Susantha Dandeniya Gamage, Ranjan Rathnayake, and Leera De Silva. Recording and mixing done ay Studio Sangeeth, Gampaha, Sri Lanka. Album art work by Laksitha Mahanama and cover design by Janaka Malmuthurama. Produced by Lanka Heritage, LLC.
16. Malata Muwarada is the first album of Nalin Jayawardena Trilogy released in July 2016: Malata Muwarada, Tharu Mal, and Sepalika Mal. Music direction for all 12 songs in this album are done by Jayanga Dedigama. Lyrics are written by Asanka Sandaruwan, Sanjivika Samarathunga, Chandi Jayasiri, Wasantha Wijekoon, Kawushi Disanayake, Vicumpriya Perera, Thusith Dambakotuwa, Nayomi Sirinali Nawaratne, Sameera Premachandra, Thusharika Kannangara, Asanthi Perera, and Thrindu Amila. Cover design is by Janaka Malmuthurama. A proud release of Lanka Heritage, LLC.
17. Tharu Mal is the second album of Nalin Jayawardena Trilogy released in July 2016: Malata Muwarada, Tharu Mal, and Sepalika Mal. Music directions for all 12 songs of this album are done by Darshana Wickramathunga. Lyrics are written by Vicumpriya Perera, Ransara Bandara, Shamila Hussain, Aneesha Shiromaala, Amila Ukwatta, Asanka Sandaruwan, Thyaga Sewwandhi, Bandara Beliketamulla, Sunil Govinna, Uditha Warnakulasooriya, Gayan Abeysinghe, and Lakmi Prabha Ratnayake. Recording by Sadaru Gamage. Cover design is by Janaka Malmuthurama. A proud release of Lanka Heritage, LLC.
18. Sepalika Mal is the third album of Nalin Jayawardena Trilogy released in July 2016: Malata Muwarada, Tharu Mal, and Sepalika Mal. Music directed by Jayanga Dedigama, Sangeeth Wickramasinghe, Ananda Waidyasekera, Rukshan Karunanayake and Dhammika Edussoriya. Tunes for the two songs Atha Gena and Kasawatha are by Damith Ayodaya. Lyrics are written by Asanka Sandaruwan, Nayanethri Kapurusingha, Srimathi Danawalavithana, Manju Nadagamuwa, Sameera Premachandra, Wasantha Wijekoon, Anura Bulathgamage, Vicumpriya Perera, Hasitha Hemal, Sanjeevika Samarathunga, Chandrika Wijesooriya, Malini Wijesinghe, Vijaya Mapalana, Hashan Eranga, and Ananda Padmasiri. Cover design is by Janaka Malmuthurama. A proud release of Lanka Heritage, LLC.
19. "Aadare Makaranda" is the newest Album release of Nalin Jayawardena for September 2017. All songs in the album are vocalized by Nalin Jayawardena. Tune compositions are by Visharada Darshana Wickramathuga and Visharada Sarath Ovitigala. Music directed by Ananda Waidyasekera, Sangeeth Wickramasinghe, and Jayanga Dedigama. Cover design by Janaka Malmuthurama. Lyrical compositions are by upcoming talented lyricists Sarath Chandrasiri, Sandaruwan Karunathilaka, Harshani K Perera, Irasha Kumari, Chinthaka Yasas, Thusith Dambukotuwa, Varunee De Silva, Amila Prasad Attanayake, Jagath Prasanna Kuragama, Chaminda Jayanath Attanayake, Amila Disanayake, Malini Hettiarachchi, Dammi Anurapura, and Jayanath Perera. Another Lankaheritage LLC release.
20. "Meenachchi Mage Nangiye" is the latest CD release (February 2018) of Nalin Jayawardena. The CD contains 14 original songs by Nalin and contains a duet with Upulika Wannaku. Music direction for the CD is by Ananda Waidyasekera, Sangeeth Wickramasinghe, Dammika Edussooriya, and Jayanga Dedigama. Lyrics for the CD are written by Ranga Komangodage, Anomaji Rajapaksa, Anura Bulathgamage, Sirantha Perera, Lakmi Prabha Ratnayake, Wikumsiri Munasinghe, Jayantha Udawatte, Sandya Damayanthi Udawatte, Rasika Duminda, NiNi Seneviratne, Malini Wijesinghe, Waruni De Silva, Wasantha Wijekoon, and Manori Kawushi Disanayake. Cover Photo by Rumal Jayamuni, cover design by Janaka Malmuthurama. Another Lanka Heritage release.
21. "Oba Aewith Guya Dawase" is an album containing 16 original songs vocalized by Nalin Jayawardena released on September 2018. The Duet singer is Inoka Ahangama. Music directed by Ananda Waidyasekera and Jayanga Dedigama. Lyrical compositions are by Ilaksha Jayawardena, Bandula Liyanage, Amila Prasad Attanayake, sandya Priyadarshani, Madhavi Wijesinghe, Ruwan Ratnayake, Anomaji Rajapaksha, Jagath Kuragama, Dilru Jayasekera, Deepika Perera, Jayantha Perera, Dona Damayanthi, Anusha Nilanthika, Aneesha Shiromala, Shyamalie Gamage, and Vicumpriya Perera.Cover by Janaka Malmuthurama. Photos by Rumal Jayamuni. A proud release of Lanka Heritage, LLC.
Description provided by artist representative