The Combined Kiev Bandurist Capella, also known as the Ukrainian State Exemplary Bandurist Capella, was a Ukrainian bandurist ensemble in the Soviet Union which existed from 1935 to 1941, until it was disbanded due to World War II.
A few months after the liquidation of all of the professional bandurist capellas in October 1934, a reversal of policy took place.
A call came from Moscow for performing ensembles from Ukraine to perform at the Decade of Ukrainian Culture in Moscow. It was decided in February 1935 to form a new group established by combining the musicians of the former Kiev Bandurist Capella, the Poltava Bandurist Capella and the Bandurist Capella of the Kiev Philharmonia.
The artistic director for this new larger bandurist capella was Mykola Mykhailov, the former director of the Kiev capella. His assistant was Danylo Pika, the former director of the Poltava Bandurist Capella. In March, the capella received a new title: "The Ukrainian State Exemplary Bandurist Capella".
From the Poltava Capella:
A. Kononenko later joined the post-war Kiev Capella
T. Medvediv - died at the front in the first days of WWII
Description provided by Wikipedia under Creative Commons Attribution CC-BY-SA 4.0