The following terms apply generally to your use of Google Play promotional balances. These terms are in addition to the terms of each Google Play promotion, which are displayed below. The terms are incorporated into the Terms as defined in the Google Play Terms of Service (found at http://play.google.com/about/terms.html). In order to use a Google Play promotional balance you must have a Google Wallet account.
1. Promotional balances are issued by Google Inc. Unused promotional balances expire on the date specified in your promotional balance offer. Google does not impose any fee on your use or maintenance of the promotional balance.
2. Your promotional balance is an offer of a discount off purchases, and does not have monetary value until it is used under the terms of the offer. It may be used for eligible purchases on Google Play only. It may not be used on other Google properties or third-party websites. Your Google Play promotional balance is a separate balance from any prepaid balance you may now or in the future associate with your Google Wallet account. Your Google Play promotional balance may not be combined by you with any prepaid balances in your Google Wallet account, transferred to other users or withdrawn for cash, is not reloadable, and has no cash value. Google Wallet may display your Google Play promotional balance as combined with other Google Play prepaid balances to show you the total value that can be purchased, for informational purposes only.
3. The expiration date of your redeemed promotional balance credit may be lengthened if you timely redeem more than one promotional balance offer into your Google Play account. In this instance, Google will terminate the prior offers, and apply the credit redeemed from prior offers to the terms of the most recently-redeemed promotional balance offer. Each subsequent redemption will expire the terms of any earlier redeemed offer, with the credit from the older offer being applied to the new offer terms, and with a new (later) expiration date applied to all redeemed promotional balance credits.
4. Your promotional balance may only be used as payment for an item you select for purchase on Google Play when your promotional balance is less than or equal to the price of the item you wish to purchase on Google Play. We may, but are not required to, offer you the option in the future to purchase a Google Play prepaid balance, which may be applied to purchases along with any remainder of your promotional balance.
5. Upon making a selection from Google Play, any unused promotional balance will be applied to the purchase amount of your Google Play selection (prior to any available Google Play prepaid balance). You may continue to use your promotional balance for Google Play purchases until such balance is $0, or any remaining promotional balance expires, in accordance with these terms.
6. In the event you receive a refund of a purchase made with your promotional balance, any refunded amount will be credited back to your promotional balance for future use under these same terms.
7. If you close your Google Wallet account, or Google chooses to no longer offer Google Wallet or Google Play, any remaining Google Play promotional balance associated with your Wallet account will be forfeited.
For a limited time, Google offered a promotional balance credit for creating a new Wallet account. If you timely redeemed a Google Play promotional balance to create a new Google Wallet account by June 30, 2012, these following additional terms apply.
1. Upon creating a new Google Wallet account and storing a credit or debit card to it, you will receive a promotional balance associated with your Google Wallet account for $5 worth of movies, music, books or apps on Google Play. This promotion is not available to existing Google Wallet account holders.
2. In order to receive this promotional balance, you must store a credit card or debit card in your new Google Wallet account for use in future purchase and payment transactions with the Google Wallet. This promotional balance is not available for Google Wallet accounts where you only store your bank account or Carrier Billing information as a payment method.
3. In the event that you create a new Google Wallet account as part of the Nexus 7 tablet activation described below, you will not be eligible for this separate Wallet account creation promotional balance.
4. Promotional credits for the new Wallet account creation expire on June 30, 2013.
If you timely redeemed a Google Play promotional balance offer for purchasing and activating a Nexus 7 tablet, the following additional terms apply to you:
1. Upon activating select new Nexus 7 tablet(s) and completing the tablet set-up process by registering your Google Wallet account, you will receive a one-time promotional balance associated with your Google Wallet account for $25 worth of movies, music, books or apps on Google Play.
2. In order to receive this promotional balance for the tablet activation, you must currently have or create a Google Wallet account on your tablet, and you must also add a credit card or debit card to such account (or already have a credit card or debit card in such account) for use in future purchase and payment transactions with the Google Wallet, by September 30, 2012. This promotional balance is not available for Google Wallet accounts where you only store your bank account or Carrier Billing information as a payment method.
3. Only one Google Wallet account per tablet is eligible to receive this promotional balance. By receiving the promotional offer, you agree that Google Wallet may collect and store the serial number of your Nexus 7 tablet to track your receipt of this promotional balance.
4. Redeemed balances that remain unused in your Google Play account will expire on September 30, 2013.