Eevie is your personal guide to living an eco-friendly life. It’ll motivate you to make small changes on a daily basis in order to form new habits that improve your impact on the environment. We are facing the dire consequences of climate change already today, and if we don’t find the motivation to start acting now, we might not be able to prevent the end to life as we now know it. Increasing temperatures will cause unforeseen changes to our environment such as rising sea levels, extreme storms and countless people to lose their homes. We, therefore, need to keep global temperatures from rising by reducing the amount of greenhouse gas emissions we release into the air. While this sounds daunting, we do have the ability to stop this global warming if we all start making small changes every day that improve our impact.
How does eevie helps you live a more eco-friendly life?
1) Eevie helps you form eco-friendly habits by nudging you with motivational tips and reminders in the right moments.
2) Once you complete your daily actions you can track your progress and eevie will calculate your impact in tonnes CO2 per year.
3) This will provide you with immediate feedback of how your daily lifestyle decisions affect the environment.
4) Hence, it will motivate you and help you decide how and where you want to improve.
Before you start to track your progress, you can select from a choice of 20 different habits. Each completed habit will permanently lower your overall impact. These habits include:
reusing your cup | reusing your bag | reusing your bottle | reducing plastic packaging | refusing single-use straws | being energy aware | being water aware | switching off lights | eating regionally | eating seasonally | eating less meat | eating plant-based | eating more organic | wasting less food | buying sustainably labeled goods | recycling at home | composting at home | avoiding any landfill waste | biking more | carpooling more.
How does eevie know when to nudge me?
1) Eevie has been carefully designed to nudge you with tips and reminders in the right moments, so that you can form green habits fast and easily.
2) In order to identify these right moments, we have trained neural networks to understand your environment based solely on your GPS locations.
3) For this, eevie requires your permission to access your location and to send you notifications.
Why small changes matter
Small changes matter because they determine who you are tomorrow. We believe that the sum of every small action makes a large difference and brings people together, who want to change their future. While small steps add up aggregated over many people, small steps also add up from within you. Monitoring and adjusting your consumption behaviour leads you to more awareness and making green choices. Talking about your goals and habits reinforces this, and a few months down the line you might even consider taking a train rather than flying, or carbon offset your flight or be politically active. The point is to get started and surprise yourself with the change you’ll be able to make.
Our Vision is a world in which everyone lives sustainable and green lives. While the biggest changes towards ensuring a green future need to come through legislation and innovation, we know that empowering individuals to adopt responsibility and improve their own lifestyle is critical in making that happen.