The Ninox Drone app supports recreational and professional drone flying by letting you know where and when it is permissible to fly and how to obtain permission to fly in areas where there may be restrictions.
Brought to you by Avinor Air Navigation Services in partnership with Altitude Angel and Frequentis, the app enables drone pilots to request and obtain pre-flight and take-off clearance to operate in controlled airspace at multiple airports across Norway.
Whether you are a professional drone operator or a hobbyist, Ninox Drone provides location-based information on areas of airspace to avoid or in which extreme caution should be exercised.
The app also provides information on ground hazards that may pose safety, security or privacy risks. A convenient tool to assist you in flying your drone whilst protecting your safety and the safety of other airspace users.
• View areas of controlled airspace, such as airfields and airports, where flying a drone could be hazardous or prohibited.
• View ground hazards where flying in the vicinity may raise security, privacy or safety concerns.
• Submit and obtain digital pre-flight clearance to operate in controlled airspace at multiple airports across Norway.
• Submit and obtain digital take-off clearance at those same facilities.
• Receive dynamic, in-flight instructions from Air Traffic Control.
• Declare an emergency status (i.e. loss of control) to Air Traffic Control.