Welcome to Qixel Pro: a simple, stylised pixel painting app. Draw pictures with 4 different 'qixel' types: Squares, Circles, Diamonds and Triangles. What can you make with 651 pixels?
Qixel is all about creating minimalist images, retro characters and typography with a limited number of pixels and color palette. Make art or just use it to chill out - it's the digital equivalent of popping bubblewrap!
When you've made a real pixel masterpiece, export a high quality PNG file of your art and post it on the Facebook Qixel Gallery! (facebook.com/qixelgallery)
Here's what you can do with Qixel:
- Draw pictures with 4 different pixel types: Squares, Circles, Diamonds and Triangles.
- The canvas background button flips between black or white. This has a very different effect on your qixels.
- Use the darken and lighten buttons to add shade and depth to your art.
- The triangle setting has an extra button: Rotation. Try rotating your triangles 90 degrees to make strange patterns and origami-style art.
- Use Qixel to make quirky typography.
- Write simple messages and greeting cards to send to friends.
- Make cool patterns and abstract backgrounds for websites.
- Quickly sketch out pixel characters for Minecraft.
- Create retro game graphics, and then export frames in stages to make animation.
- experiment with color: great for artists and color therapy teachers.
- Save high resolution PNG images to your Android device.
See some examples here: facebook.com/qixelgallery
SAVING IMAGES TO YOUR DEVICE
The Photo button saves a high-resolution PNG screenshot to your device's 'Pictures' folder. If you can't find it, try looking in your android's 'device folders.'
** Note: Usually you will need to save the image TWICE, the first time you use the photo button.
Allow the permission on your phone for your android to access your photos.
Settings > Apps > Qixel Pro > Permissions > Turn Storage / Photos ON.
Enjoy your qixels :)