The app ZEBRA WRITING TABLE is a component of the German textbook ZEBRA by Ernst Klett Verlag and is
conceptually based on it. But it can also be used independently of the textbook. It offers a learning path with
films, a game and various exercises. These chapters illustrate the first stages of learning the written language.
This app is the prelude to the Zebra App series for learning to read and write in German, years 1 to 4.
The new app ZEBRA WRITING TABLE provides exercises for the writing of phonetically words based on
fundamental vocabulary. Basic phonetic-letter assignments are practiced. Wrong words are automatically
corrected after the third incorrect attempt. By showing the correctly written word as well as their own input,
the children can compare and recognize mistakes. Basic orthographic awareness is practiced in a playful way.
The contents of the tutorials in the two areas change with each new game of the app, so practicing doesn’t get
boring even with multiple games.
The following contents are included:
- Videos explaining the basics in a child-friendly way
- Incorrect entries are corrected, after the third attempt the correct solution is displayed automatically.
- Clear arrangement of exercises on a learning path
- Self-determined learning is possible
- Motivation by collecting stars and trophies
- Detailed evaluation for teachers and parents as a basis for promotion
In the app there are two areas to practice:
The area SWINGING SYLLABLES AND WRTING familiarizes children with the writing table and offers exercises.
- Movie "speak - listen - swing"
- Task "hear and swing"
- “ZEBRA writing table game”
- Movie "writing with the ZEBRA writing table"
- Task "swing and write" simple level
- Task "Swing and Write" difficult level
The area HEARING SOUNDS contains exercises for phonological awareness, which is a basic requirement for the
acquisition of the written language.
The following listening task types are included to the sounds section:
- Which word begins with...?
- Which words sound similar at the beginning?
- Where do you hear the sound in the word?
- With which sound does the word begin?
The four listening tasks can be acquired as an in-app purchase. This purchase is shown on the learning path, but
it is only possible in the teacher-parent area, which is protected from unwanted access by a numerical barrier.
It also provides information that protects the tablet from unwanted in-app purchases, making it impossible for
the child to purchase the app extensions.
We hope you and your child enjoy the exciting process of learning to write and look forward to receiving your
comments and remarks.
Your Zebra Team