CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~ is a supernatural mystery visual novel which is fully voiced in Japanese.
The game has a similar setting with its prequel, CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~, but you don't have to play it first to understand the story.
The heroines from both games visit the same cafe, but, aside from that, the stories are different. *You can play the prologue for free, but to continue playing you will need to purchase the full version using the title screen's buy button.
* You don't need to always be online to play this game.
The story starts in a village with an atmosphere akin to Europe in the 19th century.
There is a big noble villa there where Corliss Green is working.
One day she wakes up and finds herself in front of a weird café.
Noir, the waiter, tells her that she has already died, but failed to go to the heaven and, as a lost spirit, she ended up at the entrance to Café 0.
He later gave Corliss a chance to return to a week before she died.
But does she really need to go to the heaven?
And what is the truth behind her untimely death? The Past
Sophie Evans works as a midwife.
She is a cheerful woman and everybody likes her.
What is her relation to the missing incident 15 years ago?
Corliss - Ayano
Nathan - Mayuki Sawae
Ethan - Tarou Yamada
Barclay - Nyoibou
Noir - Shinya
Sophie - Aonoi
Ed - Kyou Tsukikage
Eva/Emma - Remi Tamaki
MOB - Aonoi, Ayano, Kon, Kouto Saionji, Shiwasun, Komugi Tachibana, Hiko Morikawa, Nyoibou
-Fully voiced in Japanese.
-Multiple endings. 4 character endings, 3 true endings (1 of them is a bad ending) and another common bad ending.
-11 original orchestral tracks from Seycara Orchestra
-Original Theme song "Replay?"
-Original OP Movie
-2 main story in present and past arc that will connect at the end.
-Estimated total play time: 10 hours.
Simply choose the choice with the same colored hearts on day 2 and 3 to get into the character's specific route. True route will be available later after all character's routes finished.
RECOMMENDED IF YOU
- Like mystery novel or story.
- Love story with European settings.
- Like story with loop.
- Like story with unpredictable twist.
- Like anime or mystery themed shoujo manga.
- Like visual novel which is fully voiced in Japanese, and have less narration.
- Like tragedy story.
- Like unusual story, or with the go to the past theme.
- Enjoy horror, suspense or thriller story.
- Like game with multiple routes, which the truth will be later revealed by the true route.
- Interested in otome game. This game is not an otome game, but has otome style drawing, and shoujo manga atmosphere, which might also entertain otome gamers.
OFFICIAL SITE: http://www.roseverte.net/cafe0/beast/en/
FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/roseverte.games