Comm is a private messaging app for communities! Sort of like Discord + Signal.
- In Comm, each community is hosted on somebody's keyserver.
- You can set up a keyserver on your laptop or in the cloud.
- Comm won't host your keyserver for you. (We don't want to have access to your data!)
- You don't need a keyserver to join a community, but you do need one to create a community.
Keyservers enable us to offer the sort of sophisticated feature set that typically relies on corporate servers on the cloud, without sacrificing the privacy of our users.
- Each community on Comm contains a tree structure of chat threads. Our threads are sort of like channels in Discord, but they can be nested inside each other.
- Comm supports "sidebars", which are sort of like threads in Slack. Sidebars are created in response to a message in a parent thread.
- Along with the default chat functionality, Comm also supports a library of apps to customize your community. We're launching with a Calendar app, and have more apps in the pipeline!