Features of Better APP
- My Recovery Wall – a social media feed for people in recovery
- My Recovery Capital Score – a brief assessment of your recovery capital every 10 days
- My Recovery Plan – a place you can keep track of your long term and short term goals
- Safety Net – a global overdose prevention tool, where someone who is using drugs alone can add a peer to monitor their use and call emergency services if there is an overdose or people can volunteer to be your safety net on Better App.
- Support Circles – Group chat for step groups, or friend networks, even alumni groups for treatment centres
- People Nearby – search for people in recovery when you are travelling, make new friends, ask about the local recovery community
- Marketplace – Accommodations, Employment, Recovery Business Directory, look for a job, sober roommates, and support a local business owned by people in recovery
- Recovery Celebrations – Congratulate people who are celebrating recovery milestones today, and share your milestone image
- Speaker Tapes – over 15,000 speaker tapes, tap on Higher Power for autoplay what you need to hear at that moment
- Meetings – Add your homegroup, join your home group, get directions to meetings, stream your homegroup live, chat with your homegroup members, star an In APP meeting
- Step Work – Persona Growth Virtual Exercises, a Step 1,2,3 for making that decision, 12 Step Exercise to help you live in the solution, and a Daily Journal
- On Coaching – Need Help? Free Consultation and Support
- LGBTQ2s Support – Meetings and Nearby People to help you when you need it, or make new friends
- Leader Board – Get points every time to take a recovery-oriented action on Better APP, your friends can see if your score is going down and can intervene if you need help.
- Better APP is a social enterprise of the Last Door Recovery Society.
[Please note that continued use of GPS running and Listening Speaker tape in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.]