KATWARN is a service app for the transmission of hazard and disaster warnings within Austria. The app ensures location based alerts for danger alarms, such as major fires or extreme weather, and offers the opportunity to be informed always for the current location and also for seven additional, freely selectable locations. This selection can be canceled at any time, customized and off as needed. By using the energy-efficient location via base stations and Wi-Fi access points are only slightly loaded (and not via GPS), the battery is.
In addition, warnings of KATWARN system can be subscribed in Germany and received.
The app has the following features:
• active notification (push notifications) about dangers for up to eight locations: next to the current location (= "Guardian Angel") seven freely selectable locations
• code accurate warnings for the selected places with warning text and color-based classification of the alert level
• continuous, anonymous updating the location information are so manually no further input to the location needed
• Immediate notification of entering a current danger zone
• Feedback function for feedback to the app provider
For more information, see www.katwarn.at. For questions and error messages, contact please email@example.com