1) 3-D can reduce or enlarge the planet.
2) The auto-rotate feature and the user can rotate the 3-D planets.
3) Wiki conjunction with information about the solar system's planets are visible.
Is that bright object in the sky a star or a planet? The 3D view of the sky make it easy to identify planets and constellations. Learn what the sky looks like at frequencies outside of the visible spectrum. Spin the Earth or the planet of your choice with one finger.
This application has been created solely with the intention of helping an
individual quickly grasp the essential information about the Solar System.
*This application has been packaged with more than 100 facts about the planets in our Solar System.
*This application also comprises of a dictionary which can help a person in brushing up his knowledge about our Solar System.
*The facts and figures in the application have been taken from several reliable sources and care has been exercised to see that they are exceedingly precise.All the info and images have been taken from NASA and other sites.
*The application also consists of a News section where the user gets to see the latest news about the Solar System.The user is redirected to the source of the news where he gets to read the news in detail.
Have the entire Solar System at your finger tips!!
Stay tuned for the next update!!
Courtesy NASA & sciencedaily. This application is not endorsed or in any way associated with NASA and sciencedaily.
With Planets you can see the 9 planets( Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) turning around the sun, and the moon moving around the earth.
The planet's location are very precise and are related to the 12 zodiac constellations.
Touching the screen from left to rigth make the time go forward day by day.
Touching the screen from top to bottom make the time go forward month by month.
On the top right side you can see the moon phases changing in accordance with the date.
At the bottom of the screen the Jupiter planet with the 4 main satellites position are displayed. Those satellites are Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto.
- Comprehensive Wiki Information Page for every planet
- Quiz mode to help you memorize important facts about the planets
- High Resolution Image Gallery of the Sun and Planets
- Quick fact page on the Sun and Planets
Planets that are covered: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
This app is completely free for a limited time.
You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
keywords: astronomy stars, telescope, planets, messier, live, augmented reality, sky view, minor planets, asteroids, dwarf planets, mercury, venus, earth, moon, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune, ceres, vesta, juno, eros, transit, eclipse lunar, solar, sunspots, golden hour, blue hour, photography, great red spot, galaxies, cluster, nebulae, orion, meteor showers, milky way, perseids, shooting stars, ISON
- Perfect for students to do physics homework quickly and accurately.
- It is suitable for all levels of physics from high school to university.
This app contains the following topics:
- Linear motion
- Constant acceleration motion
- Projectile motion
- Constant circular motion
- Work, power, energy
- Rotary motion
- Oscillatory motion
- Direct current
- Magnetic field
- Altering current
- Hydrogen atom
- Modern physics
Need help picking your first telescope? Not sure what it's capable of? Why not try before you buy?!
After a series of precise mathmatical calculations, Telescope Simulator will show exactly what any planet will look like through ANY telescope!!
You can even simulate different barlow lenses or eyepieces on your currect telescope to see what it's capable of!
Select from over 50 popular telescopes from Orion, Celestron and Meade to see what they are capable of!
If your telescope is not on the list, simply tap the 'Custom' button and enter its aperture and focal length and the Telescope Simulator will do the rest!
Telescope Simulator will also simulate all the negative effects of real telescopes so you know exactly what you are buying!
Just like with a real telescope, if you magnify a scope beyond its capabilities your image will get blurry and dim.
For added effect, there is an optional 'Seeing' toggle button that factors in bad atmospheric conditions.
You can even select the Hubble as your telescope just to compare!
Like this app on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TelescopeSimulator
Keywords: jwst, saturn, astronomy, astronomer, star, star gazer, sky map, stellarium, jupiter, mars, uranus, pluto, centauri, ISS, international space station, mercury, venus, eyepiece, barlow, deep sky
The app has the following features:
> Simulation and Graphics:
Allows the user to add celestial objects with different masses at any position he/she likes. The user can set the initial velocity of the body by flicking his/her finger on the screen.
Ability to change the time-step, thereby allowing the user to vary the accuracy and speed of the simulation.
Option to add and simulate objects in our own solar system, or to create an entirely new solar system from scratch.
Contains zooming and panning controls for the simulation view.
> Solar System Information
Users can view the following data of the Sun, the 8 planets and the Moon:
Physical characteristics : Mass, Radius, Escape velocity etc.
Orbital characteristics : Aphelion, Perihelion, Orbital perid etc.
Atmospheric data : Surface pressure and composition.
Join our Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/i.realitysoft
The sensor control will also enable you to identify what you see in the sky in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at it!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a very intuitive touch-screen interface
* the integration of GPS positioning
* the control of the direction of view using the device accelerometers
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
Stellarium mobile is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium software.
• 1000+ Questions
• Segregated into topics
• Important formulas for each topic
• Questions of varying difficulty levels
• Solution in detail for every question
• User-friendly Interface
So, common squeeze your grey cells, start your preparation and breeze through your exams and interviews.
Hope everyone finds this app useful in their journey to master aptitude.
Keywords: Aptitude, Placement, Entrance exam, MBA, aptitude test, IQ test, Bank exam, CAT, MAT, XAT, GATE, TANCET, GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, NTSE, Civil Services exam, UPSC, CSAT, Job Interview, Quants, IBPS, Bank PO, Competitive exams, Numerical Ability, Placement preparation, Arithmetic, Maths, Word Problems
It is an fully interactive 3D App, which shows the planets of our solar system and additional information about them.
This App supports Augmented Reality Technology, but also can be used without this technique.
To use this functionality, you have to print put a so called marker, on which you look later through your camera of your android device.
The marker is downloadable here:
Have fun with the first app of our "Learn about..."-Series
1) Fresh, Eye catchy and a Green look.
2) Move to SD Card option.
3) Tons of Dino facts, Images, Sounds, Fables and 'Did you knows' of dinosaurs.
4) Search Box for quickly viewing the preferred Dino.
5) Dinosaurs are listed in a clean and categorized manner.
6) An exciting game to make your learning faster and easier!
7) Image gallery to view the images of dinosaurs.
8) Fast facts displayed at the top of Facts page to make learning faster and easier!
There is much more. Download and explore it out yourselves. ITS ABSOLUTELY FREE!
TAGS (IGNORE THEM): dinosaurs, dino world, dino planet, dino sounds, animals, birds, reptiles, weird creatures, educational, edu, cool, amazing, absolutely free, animated, graphics, environment, nature, wildlife, prehistoric, history, games, images, facts, fun, beautiful, creative, technology, skyxo, velociraptor, trex, tyrannosaurus rex, gamer, wonderful, forest, study, easy learning, shahabas shakeer, blade r2, search engine, dino search, eye catchy, super, ultra, sonic, facebook, google, angry birds, skype, pandora, dictionary, jokes, temple run, browser, olympics, zombie, wallpaper, photo editor, video editor, camera, kids games, instagram, screenshot, amazon, pinterest, weather, horoscope, netflix, yahoo, ask, ebay, twitter, hotmail, youtube, social networking, android, java
If you enjoy this free application, please consider making a donation of $5 via SMS to help the Academy in its mission to explore, explain and protect the natural world. Text PENGUINS to 20222.
Disclaimer: Please note that this app depends largely on your wireless network’s quality of service and data rates may apply. A Wi-Fi connection is recommended.
Navigate through planets and their moons in 3D mode. Explore their surface with detail.
The position and orbits of the planets are real according to date and time.
The size and orbits of planets are real (but in very very small scale).
You have the following options:
1) Move from planet to planet and moons
2) Rotate the camera to view planets from every angle
3) Zoom in and out
4) Toggle orbits, ambient light, labels, grayscale mode
5) Go faster, slower (with the hidden bar in top of the screen)
6) Info about planets.
7) Real Shadows
Many thanks to Torrence Griffin (http://www.youtube.com/user/teahman) for the beautiful music.
The app works on phones and tablets. But it may take time to load on phones.
Tags: Solar System, Planets, Moons, Earth, Sun, Space,
Universe, Earth, Jupiter, Mars, Solar, Saturn, Uranus, Pluto, Luna, Europe, Orbits
You play a god who creates planets according to specific rules.
Inspired by the famous Japanese logic game Nurikabe (also known as Cell Structure and Islands in the Stream), this puzzle game will ask you to shape the continents and oceans of a planet.
It's original, simple to play but very challenging.
Download Islands Planet and play now this unique puzzle Game.
★★★ Press quotes ★★★
★ "Islands Planet is a smart and original game" 16/20 iPhoneSoft.fr
★ "Islands Planet is absolutely one of the Best Puzzle App Games of 2013. The graphics are outstanding. Most importantly, the puzzles are fun!" - The best iphone, ipad puzzle apps and mechanical puzzles - gottasolveit.blogspot.com
★★★ Features ★★★
★ 3D puzzle game
★ 4 Difficulty levels
★ 160 puzzles to solve
★ Unique gameplay
More levels and features coming soon stay tuned.
-Added 40 new levels!
-Now all the levels are available on smartphone
-Added a Pause button in the game
-When a level is complete you will be able to have a look at your creation before continuing.
-Added a Zoom feature
-Added 4 different backgrounds
More from developer
With accurate scale representation of the Sun, Planets, Moons, Asteroids, Dwarfs and detailed information to the celestial objects.
Use it as educational software for your kids, or regardless if you are a beginner or advanced astronomer, this App brings you closer to the planets than any telescope.
Working great on smartphones and tablets.
★ the Sun, the bright shining star in the center of our Solar System
★ Mercury, the fastest planet orbiting around our Sun
★ Venus, its greenhouse effect produces a surface temperature that would melt lead
★ Earth, the blue oasis and only place filled with life
★ Mars, inspiration for many SciFi films and books
★ Jupiter, the giant, guardian and protector in our neighborhood
★ Saturn, with rings of unique beauty and elegance
★ Uranus, which rolls over its orbit like a bowling ball
★ Neptune, the outermost recognized planet
★ Pluto, one of a new category of dwarf planets
But these are not all objects of this simulator, because so far you do not know Orcus, Varuna, Ceres, Pallas, Haumea and all the other asteroids and dwarf planets. Not to mention Sedna whose orbit is still speculative to science.
Nearly 200 objects are included, but not as static images, rather as living objects in a living universe. Enjoy the Solar System in realtime, in the future or past.
Bring the cosmos to life with an innovative timeslider. Let time take its course, how fast depends on the scale factor of the timeslider. A wipe with your finger and the simulator comes to life.
For a more exiting viewing experience various camera modes are available. Attach the camera to a planet or place it at a fixed location in space and let the celestial bodies pass by, in portrait or landscape mode, whatever you prefer.
And that's still not all. A built in encyclopedia gives you useful information about each object of the simulation, extracted from Wikipedia.
Don't miss this unique viewing experience, there is no easier way to explore the wonderful world beyond our planet.
And if you ever feel "Lost in Space", don't worry, because it's just a simulation.
★ Super smooth UI
★ Nearly 200 simulation objects
★ Simulation of real celestial body distances and dimensions
★ Adjustable simulator time with an innovative timeslider
★ Flexible camera system for a unique viewing experience
★ Portrait and landscape mode
★ Many HD textures, some of original recordings (NASA Voyager, Cassini spacecraft)
★ Many preference options
★ Ephemeris data based on NASA Horizons system
★ Orbit calculations with modified Kepler algorithms
★ Encyclopedia function, the most important information from Wikipedia
Limitations of this free edition:
★ The encyclopedia info for celestial bodies is not available
★ Only the following objects are shown with real shapes and textures, all others are shown as $ objects:
- Sun, Mercury, Earth, Moon, Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto
- Mars moons Phobos and Deimos
- Jupiter moons Europa
- Saturn moon Thethys and its followers in Lagrange points L4 (Telesto) and L5 (Calypso)
- Uranus moon Umbriel
- Neptun moon Proteus
Follow the development of Pocket Planets on Twitter
If you have any problems please don't hesitate to contact me via email because this is the only way I can help you, thank you.