This innovative butterfly app provides everything you need to get out and watch butterflies. The field guide provides the basics on how to look for and identify each species of butterfly found in Australia, and where available it contains photos of all the different forms and life history stages of each species. The data submission facility lets you send your butterfly sightings to an expert panel for verification, where they will contribute to research and conservation on butterflies.
ABOUT BUTTERFLIES AUSTRALIA
We are the first national Australian citizen science project working on butterflies. By collecting your sightings, we will be able to build the first ever data-driven range maps for species, as well as being able to work on threatened species assessments and planning for conservation actions to benefit species that are in trouble. There is so much still to learn about butterflies, you might be the person to make the next big discovery!
- Offline field guide with information on how to look for and identify each species of butterfly in Australia.
- Offline range maps for every species, including data points for where the species has been seen by other users.
- Photographs of adults, eggs, larvae, and pupae for many species.
- Data submission for incidental sightings.
- Data submission for a variety of survey types – point counts, linear transects, and area counts.
- Access to news and how-to guides on looking for butterflies.