HeadCheckTM concussion App is evidence-based and designed for children and adults. Developed by leading concussion experts at the AFL, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI) and the Royal Children’s Hospital, HeadCheckTM helps adult players, parents, coaches and first aiders recognise the signs of concussion to determine whether medical attention is required and how to manage the safe return to school/study/work, play and organised sport.
Assess concussion symptoms to decide whether medical attention is required:
· Based on the latest CRT5, SCAT/SCAT5 concussion symptom assessments.
· Asks a series of prioritised medical based questions & observations.
· Quickly identifies whether a head injury requires an ambulance or a visit to a doctor. Connects ‘000’ if required.
· Gives support to adult players/parents/trainers/first aiders in high-stress situations.
Transfer care from Trainer/Coach:
· Record incident details in the incident report.
· Allows the trainer to transfer details and care from trainer to player or their parent.
Personalised concussion recovery guide for adult players, or parents guiding their children’s recovery:
· Established on evidence-based research and clinically validated post-concussion assessment testing.
· Asks players/parent’s to rate the severity of their/their child’s symptoms pre-injury and how they are now.
· Players/parents are provided with tasks and concussion education, based on their/their child’s symptoms and progress.
· Guides players/parents on safe return to school/study/work, and play, based on latest research and clinical guidelines.
· Players/parents referred to a medical practitioner for clearance prior to return to play.
An Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) Listed. ARTG ID 343450