HeadCheckTM concussion App is evidence-based and specifically designed for children and adolescents. Developed by leading child concussion experts at the AFL, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI) and the Royal Children’s Hospital, HeadCheckTM helps parents, coaches and first aiders recognise the signs of concussion to determine whether medical attention is required and how to manage the safe return to school, play and organised sport.
DECIDE ON WHETHER MEDICAL ATTENTION IS REQUIRED
• Based on latest CRT5, Child SCAT/SCAT5 concussion symptom assessments
• Asks a series of prioritised medical based questions & observations
• Quickly identifies whether a child’s head injury requires an ambulance or a visit to a doctor. Connects to ‘000’ if required.
• Gives support to parents/trainers/first aiders in high stress situations
TRANSFER CARE FROM TRAINER/COACH TO PARENT
• Record incident details in the Incident report
• Allows trainer to transfer details and care from trainer to parent
PERSONALISED CONCUSSION RECOVERY GUIDE FOR CHILDREN/ADOLESCENTS
• Based on evidenced based research and clinically validated post-concussion assessment test
• Asks parents to rate the severity of the child’s symptoms pre-injury and how they are now
• Parents are provided with tasks and concussion education based on their child’s symptoms and progress
• Guides parents on safe return to school and play, based on latest research and clinical guidelines
• Parents referred to medical practitioner for clearance prior to return to play
Note on compatibility: minimum api level 20