Using the new recreational fishing app, you can:
* Browse or search for fish species, view species description and scientific name.
* Access and search Queensland’s fishing rules, including possession limits, size limits and closures.
* Contact Fisheries Queensland and report unlawful fishing to the FishWatch hotline.
* Opt-in to receive Fisheries Queensland notifications, including reminders about upcoming closures.
* Purchase a permit to fish in one of our 63 stocked dams or weirs (via a link to the Australia Post SIPS sales platform).
* Access location aware fishing rules to help determine if fishing is allowed in a particular location. This feature uses location maps and spatial data.
* Submit a photo of your catch and use the app’s artificial intelligence feature to assist in identifying the species The Fish ID tool is only available for a limited number of common Queensland fish species.
* Learn more information about your catch through the provision of information such as species, size, approximate age, and compare the size of your fish to others. This ageing feature is only available for a limited number of common Queensland fish species.
* Submit information, make an enquiry or complaint to Fisheries Queensland.
* You can use the new recreational fishing app when you are in a remote.
* Location or have limited mobile signal reception. The app uses cached species information and simplified mapping information as part of its offline functionality.
* The new recreational fishing app uses artificial intelligence to help you identify your catch. Help us grow the fish ID database so you get the most out of this new feature—the more images in the database, the more accurate the fish ID tool will be.