ASA Pocket RVG is the official Relative Value Guide (RVG) developed by the Australian Society of Anaesthetists.
The App helps anaesthetists:
- find the relevant item numbers for billing specific procedures
- easily calculate the time unit values of their services. That includes fee-for-service billing, applicable Medicare and private insurance rebates and third-party payers.
The App shows both the Australian Medical Benefits fees and the associated ASA approved units for each item number on the MBS.
- Organized by Categories and Sub-Categories
- Time unit Calculator
- A Body Mass Index and Body Surface Area calculator
- Ability to set Favourite items
- Ability to search for item by keyword, ASA or MBS number
- Updates to the guide are provided in real-time
The app is free of charge if you are a member of ASA. ASA also provides support and guidance should the members have any questions regarding the billing or item numbers. A valid member ID and password is required to log into application.