Whether you want to learn a new way to communicate with a deaf or hard of hearing loved one or are just interested in learning sign language—Auslan Tutor 2 is the best place to begin.
Start your learning for free with the Key Signs 1 pack, featuring more than 100 of the most popular and commonly used signs. Then, grow your library as you learn through extension packs that are relevant to you and your life.
Easily find the sign you're looking for by searching our library with an English keyword, the sign handshape, or location. All signs link to a range of helpful information on location, shape, usage, and grammar, to help you learn the language. This information is displayed on screen along with a handy video guide.
We will regularly update our library and add more signs via in-app purchases, so keep up to date with changes in our shop section.
Key features of the new and improved application are:
- new signs, including up-to-date key signs, COVID-19 signs, specific behaviour signs, descriptive signs, mathematics, and more
- the ability to save your favourite signs and keep track of signs you are learning or want to learn
- an improved search mechanism that allows you to search signs by handshape, body location, and state location
- a video feature, which includes the ability to loop, slow down, and show variants of each sign
- a daily 'sign of the day’ notification
- the ability to browse signs by category
- an enhanced alphabet and numbers display – and much more.
The Auslan Tutor 2 app was developed by language and technology experts at NextSense, in consultation with our community. The app features well-respected deaf teacher and 2020 Deaf Australian of the Year, Shirley Lui.