SIMET Mobile is the device version of the Internet Traffic Measurement System, the system developed by NIC.br and CEPTRO.br to measure the quality of the Brazilian Internet.
With this application, you can easily obtain various data about your internet, such as:
- The speed / bandwidth of your connection, both for download and upload.
- What is the bidirectional latency (or "ping") from your device to one of our servers in IX.
- The average jitter in your connection to our servers.
- The percentage of packet loss on your connection.
- In the case of Wi-Fi connections, the meter also measures the quality of your local connectivity - the connectivity between your mobile device and your router.
As it runs on a mobile device, SIMET Mobile can be used to test different points, locations and even different access points or providers!
Its results will be used by the Internet Steering Committee in Brazil to generate a map to find out how the Brazilian Internet is doing.
All tests are done outside your carrier's network. No other Internet quality measurement application gives this return to the Brazilian community.