The Rega app is free of charge and offers the following benefits:
• Alert the Rega Operations Centre: your current location is automatically transmitted to Rega. That saves valuable time in an emergency.
• Share live location: you can share your location with Rega or your contacts when you are pursuing an outdoor activity, such as hiking. Friends or relatives can track your route and alert Rega directly in the app if you fail to return as planned. Then Rega can determine the last transmitted location and initiate a search operation.
• Test the alarm: check that the app has been configured correctly and that the alarm feature will work correctly in an emergency.
• Store useful information: in your profile, enter data (e.g. your patronage number) that is important for the Rega Operations Centre in an emergency.
• Available in neighbouring countries: besides Switzerland and Liechtenstein, the Rega app is available for download in Germany, Austria, France and Italy.
• The Rega app is available in four languages: German, French, Italian and English, depending on the language setting on your smartphone.
After installing for the first time:
• Add the Rega app icon to the home screen of your mobile phone.
• Allow the app to access your location, so that Rega can find you more easily and rescue you more quickly.
• Use the test alarm feature to check if the alarm will work correctly in an emergency.
Raising the alarm in an emergency:
• Alarm procedure: once your location has been successfully transmitted to Rega, a telephone connection is set up with the Operations Centre. A rescue mission can only be initiated after the Operations Centre has spoken to the person raising the alarm by phone.
• The location feature only works if there is adequate mobile phone coverage (GPS, Wi-Fi, mobile phone network).
• Phone calls cannot be made without a SIM card.
• If the SIM card is blocked, it is only possible to call the European emergency number 112.
• Always raise the alarm outside in the open air (better signal reception).
Further information: www.rega.ch/app