The Swiss German Dictionary is the first comprehensive dictionary for High German-Swiss German and vice versa. It contains a total of 6,200 entries with spoken language and 12,700 explanations, examples and idioms. A full-text search is also available. A list of favorites can also be defined.
The Swiss German dialect differs in pronunciation, vocabulary and partly also in grammar from the High German standard. Therefore, the Swiss-German dictionary contains the most important vocabulary and numerous expressions that are only used in Switzerland. You can hear all words as they are pronounced by a native speaker in Switzerland. With the Swiss German Dictionary you will learn to conjugate the verbs in Swiss German and to form the plural of the nouns correctly.
For whom is the Swiss German dictionary particularly suitable?
This app is ideal for anyone looking to move to German-speaking Switzerland and for anyone wanting to better understand the dialect spoken in the greater Zurich area.
The features of the app include:
• The Swiss German dictionary works 100% offline, no internet connection is required.
• It contains a total of 6,200 entries Swiss German - High German and vice versa
• 12,700 explanations, examples and common phrases
• Vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar as they are common in the greater Zurich area
• The dictionary is suitable for everyday use, travel and leisure
• All entries are spoken by Swiss-German native speakers
• It contains tips and tricks for finding alternative spellings quickly