The « Déchets Genève » app helps you manage your household waste in the City of Geneva, by giving you all information you may need to properly recycle it.
It is structured in several sections:
• When should I take my bins out? informs you of the days when the door-to-door collection is scheduled for the address of your choice, automatically taking occasional postponements and cancellations into consideration.
• Where do I sort my waste? displays a city map locating the eco-points in the City of Geneva and what types of waste can be recycled at each one. It is possible to automatically center the map on your current position, or to use a manually configured address.
• What to do with bulky waste? informs you how to get rid of bulky objects. A link lets you schedule a free appointment to have them collected by the Department.
• How do I sort my waste? Describes all the categories of recyclable waste processed in Geneva. For each type, appropriate collection points are specified.
• News: notifications and information about waste management and streets maintenance is regularly provided.
This app is offered to the people living in Geneva by the City's waste collection and cleaning department (Voirie – Ville propre), responsible for waste management, streets cleaning and incivility management.