The RS-MS1A is an application that allows your Android device to remotely use some of the D-STAR and DV mode functions of some D-STAR transceivers.
You can use some of the transceiver’s DR functions.
Send and receive voice and pictures.
Send and receive text messages.
See the location of repeater sites or other stations on a map using received position data, or your transceiver’s repeater list.
Automatically set the transceiver’s “FROM” and “TO” fields by tapping a repeater site or a station on the map.
Use your own maps without needing an internet connection.
In the DV mode, read and edit the received station’s information.
Download additional information from an Internet database, such as QRZ.com or APRS.fi.
Call Sign list
Edit call signs and names used in the DR function. Also, you can add a call sign and a name in the Call Sign list.
See the detailed data entered in the Repeater list.
Change some of the transceiver’s function settings.
Select application software settings.
Import a Repeater list and a Call Sign list.
Export the Repeater list, the Call Sign list, and the Receive History.
The RS-MS1A operating requirements are as follows:
1. Android 5.0 or later
2. Touch screen Android device
3. Bluetooth function and/or USB On-The-Go (OTG) host function
[Usable transceivers] (As of June 2021)
- ID-31A/E PLUS
- ID-51A/E (PLUS model / PLUS2 model)
- ID-52 *1
- IC-705 *2
- IC-9700 *3
- ID-51A/E *4
- ID-31A/E *4
- IC-7100 *4
*1 Supported in RS-MS1A Ver.1.3.3 or later.
*2 Supported in RS-MS1A Ver.1.3.2 or later.
*3 Supported in IC-9700 Ver.1.03 or later, RS-MS1A Ver.1.3.0 or later.
*4 Not all functions are usable.
To use the RS-MS1A with a supported transceiver, you need an internal Bluetooth unit or the data cable. See your transceiver’s instruction manual for details.
- The RS-MS1A may not work with all Android devices, even if it is one of the tested devices. This is because an application program on your device may conflict with the RS-MS1A.
- You may need to install additional file managing and image processing software.
- Your Android device must be USB host function compatible to communicate with your transceiver through the data cable. Even if your device is USB host function compatible, the RS-MS1A may not function properly.
- You may need to connect to the Internet through a Wireless LAN, a 3G network or an LTE network for some functions.
- The RS-MS1A supports only portrait orientation. It does not support Auto Rotate.
- Remove the data cable when the Android device is not used to reduce the devices power consumption
- The RS-MS1A program may lock up while transmitting some high-quality or large-sized image files, or continuously operating for a long time. In that case, restart the program.
- Depending on the Android device, the power supplied to the USB terminal may be stopped while in the display sleep mode or power saving mode. In that case, remove the “Screen timeout” check mark on the Application Setting screen of the RS-MS1A.
- When you transmit an image file with the baud rate set at 4800 bps, some of that data may be lost. In that case, set the baud rate to over 9600 bps.