The MySunrise App is a free patient cancer companion and information support tool for cancer patients receiving care and treatment at NHS cancer centres. The app is complete with a whole suite of information videos, relevant links, symptom support, cancer resources and contact information all specific to your NHS cancer centre. MySunrise is currently available throughout all Cancer Centres in the South West of England and provides support and information through key sections:
• My Cancer Centre - Information specific to the services and support available at your Cancer Centre. Including treatment, day case and inpatient facilities as well as parking and travel information.
• My Pathway – a whole suite of patient information, including ‘My First Appointment’, self-management support, cancer support groups, nurse specialists, holistic needs and alternative therapies.
• Treatments – Videos and local information related to radiotherapy and medical treatments offered at your cancer centre as well as supportive medications and cancer trials.
• Symptom Support – Useful information on side effects and complaints that may be experienced whilst on treatment. Including advice and suggestions on how to deal with them and importantly when to get in touch.
• Contact Centre – Need to get in touch with your Cancer Team – this section provides a complete directory of contacts for patients before during and after treatment – including urgent contact details for patients who become unwell on treatment.
We hope that this tool serves to help and support cancer patients with the 'right information at the right time' throughout their treatment and beyond. We have used trusted information from NHS Cancer Centres, Macmillan, Cancer Research UK and trusted local resources to build out a complete information tool for cancer patients undergoing treatment.
We hope your enjoy using this free resource and we are continually updating MySunrise with new content and features - please do let us know any suggestions or what you think.
The MySunrise App has been developed for the South West of England with support from the Peninsula Cancer Alliance, NHS England. Each new unique version has been developed with local NHS Oncology teams, their patients and the MySunrise App team.