“Rainboo brings weather close to you”, for every location in South Africa and with a strong focus on precipitation. From drizzle, rain showers to hail and snow. “Rainboo: a rainboo is essentially surprise rain, that creeps on you unaware.”(source: Urban Dictionary)
By combining several weather data sources, Rainboo aims at being the most relevant and accurate weather platform for South Africa.
If you want to know what the weather forecast is for your location and especially if it is going to rain on your location, Rainboo is the most accurate, reliable and complete weather app. If you do not want to be caught in surprise rain, always check the Rainboo rain map and graph before you go outside. The Rainboo app is available for Android phone and tablet.
The Rainboo app opens with de rain map and graph with the rain forecast for the coming 2 hours, displaying when (at what time) and how much (in mm per hour) it is going to rain on your location. Furthermore, it is possible to see for your location:
• the rain of the last hour (-1 hour) and the 3-, 24- and 48-hour rain forecast.
• the temperature forecast for the coming 24 hours
• and the wind forecast for the coming 24 hours
If you desire a more detailed image of the rain, temperature or wind forecast on your location (on residence or even street level), you can zoom-in on the map by clicking on the map or on the “+” button in the top right corner of the map.
Next to the rain, wind and temperature map and graph the Rainboo app also offers:
• the “hourly weather update for your location” for the coming 24 hours
• the “hourly 5 day forecast for your location” per 24 hours
• the animated satellite image of Southern Africa and South Africa of the past 3 hours
• the “3-day fire index” forecast for South Africa
• the “5-day weather forecast for your location” per day
• and the “14-day weather forecast for your location” per day
We are continually improving the Rainboo app. With your help we hope to make the app better, more accurate and reliable. So, if you have a suggestion to improve Rainboo or if you have a question, please send us a message via our feedback form in the “about” tab in the tab bar in the bottom left corner.