This is a four player game, in real world it can be played by any number of players.
- The player sitting next to the dealer throws away/hides one card after the dealing is completed.
- Then that player needs to pick one card from the adjacent player's set.
- If he gets a pair of cards, for e.g. 2 kings, then he can open those cards and throw them on the table for everyone to see.
- The next player would then pick a card from his adjacent player and so on and so forth.
- In the end, the player who is left with a card is named the Donkey.