MindLabs STEM is a magical learning tool for children ages 8 and older that covers Energy, Circuits, Forces, and Simple Machines. MindLabs combines a digital app, physical cards, and augmented reality in a fun, exciting, and research-based approach to learning core science and engineering concepts.
Children practice concepts in a carefully sequenced series of over 20 interactive challenges. In the collaborative CREATE mode, they can create hundreds of different circuits or obstacle courses while playing with teammates in the same or different locations. Designed for one to four players, this open-ended learning experience sparks a child's interest in science, engineering, and the world around them.
The MindLabs STEM app is FREE, but you need the physical cards to play! Download and print sample cards to try a quick demo here: www.exploremindlabs.com
- LEARNING THAT'S FUN! Place the colorful cards representing different electrical components on a tabletop, draw connecting wires on a mobile device, and see the circuits pulse with electricity. Or build an obstacle course for an energetic mascot to use simple machines to score a goal! Friendly robots Atom and Anne help guide the players through the Energy and Circuits story to foil the evil Dr. Stonebreaker. Reggy finds a home with mascot friends as he competes in the Mascot Challenge
- AR EXCITEMENT! Each card appears in 3D through the magic of Augmented Reality. Create designs with the components and see the lightbulb glow, the buzzer buzz, the fan spin, and much more. Watch out! Luckily, that fire is only virtual! Celebrate your success as the course launches your basketball into the hoop, to the audience's delight!
- STEM FOCUS. Learn core energy concepts through a carefully sequenced series of over 30 interactive exercises. Topics covered include basic energy sources, open and closed circuits, short circuits, force, friction, momentum, simple machines, as well as engineering design and troubleshooting. Keep track of your ideas in the integrated Engineering Design Notebook.
- EDUCATOR'S DREAM! Hands-on STEM without mess or stress, combined with an intuitive dashboard that makes grading and giving feedback a breeze! Engaging characters bring the curricular unit to life through colorful slides available for classroom use.
- CREATIVITY and COLLABORATION GALORE. MindLabs is designed for one to four players in the same or different locations. Children create and test their designs with ample opportunity to improve their elaborate designs in ways that would be limited with physical materials. All players see the results of their combined efforts through their devices in real-time. Learning by doing is the perfect tool to foster collaboration and problem-solving in STEM.
Check out what some of our reviewers have to say!
"If you haven't seen the magic of Mind Labs, then you're going to love this product! The app uses interactive cards to bring a gamified, augmented reality experience on the topics of energy and circuits."
"Best AR/hands-on integration!"
"I truly was amazed at all the knowledge they have now thanks to these cards, and just how much fun they had while learning about energy and circuits. Who says kids can't have fun and learn at the same time?"
2023 Future of Education Technology Conference winners in Immersive Technology.
NATIONAL Parenting Product AWARDS WINNER
This product has been funded by the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Health.