A fully functional portable glass cockpit (EFIS) for general aviation pilots.
It improves your flight experience, offering you intuitive visualizations for enhanced situational awareness.
It provides a backup system for all relevant instruments for navigation and orientation in the air using the internal sensors of a tablet or smartphone or an external solution (such as our SensorBox https://helios-avionics.com/product/sensorbox/ or third party GDL90 compatible devices like Talos, Stratux or Levil).
Therefore, it contains all relevant functions of a modern glass cockpit on a tablet, as well as the advantage of redundancy due to complete independence from the built-in avionics.
New intuitive visualizations improve the situational awareness and thus make it possible, in particular for private pilots, to provide greater flight safety, less stress and thus greater enjoyment of flying.
"Horizon - Your Portable Glass Cockpit" is currently available for Android, iOS and Linux.
- 3D Synthetic Vision
- Moving Map (VFR and IFR)
- AHRS (Attitude and Heading Reference System)
- Free Arrangement / Split Screen Views
- Side View
- Optional connection with our SensorBox and 3rd party GDL90 devices (Stratux, TalosAvionics, etc...)
- Inflight weather
- worldwide* chart data with:
- Waypoints / GPS fixes
- VFR Reporting Points
- Water Bodies (e.g. Rivers and Lakes)
- Street and Railway Landmarks
- High quality worldwide terrain data (except greenland and antarctica)
- Landscape and Portrait Mode
- North Up and Track Up
- Support for US VFR Sectional raster charts
- Support for custom waypoints and other custom elements
- Manual and automatic calibration for best accuracy
- Angle of Attack indication (if available)
- QNH/Altimeter settings to use a pressure sensor (default: auto determined by GNSS)
- Flight plans
- Viewing details of chart elements
- Viewing glide infos
- Multiple display support (via UDP Forwarding)
- In-App help / manual
- Attitude accuracy indication
* worldwide data include: high quality data for Europe, USA, New Zealand, Canada and basic data for the rest of the world. Please also see our distribution overview maps.
About Helios Avionics GmbH:
We are a young and dynamic team of pilots, who admire flying and are constantly pursuing the dream of making the world of avionics more user friendly.
Since we are proud FAA Private Pilot License holders with Instrument Rating, we can offer you products made by pilots and created for pilots.
With "Horizon -Your portable Glass Cockpit" we are providing you straightforward navigation and enhanced situational awareness, so that you can concentrate on what really matters – the fun of flying!
Please be advised that "Horizon - Your portable Glass Cockpit" is not designed as an official flight instrument; usage is only permitted according to the EULA (https://helios-avionics.com/login/EULA_de.html) and applicable law.
Problems or questions? Please find our FAQ: https://helios-avionics.com/login/faq.html or the manual: https://helios-avionics.com/login/manual/index.html
Still need help? You can contact us on: https://helios-avionics.com/contact/
End User License Agreement: https://helios-avionics.com/login/EULA_de.html
General Terms of Service, Copyright, Data Protection, Cookies and Revocation Terms: https://helios-avionics.com/contact/impressum/