Kinder World is an emotional wellbeing game designed to help users better respond to their own emotions through gentle gameplay and a wholesome story. You’ll get to grow your own virtual houseplants by completing mindful check-ins with yourself for no more than 2 minutes, twice a day.
Self-care and habit-forming can feel frustrating or even punishing at times, especially for neurodivergent, disabled, and chronically ill people. That’s why Kinder World is built upon a judgment-free ethos. We recognize that mental health is a non-linear and deeply personal journey, so our mechanics, narrative, and community have all been designed to support that.
Step into the Woodlands, Kinder World’s virtual universe, where kindness literally makes the world go round. The Woodlands is a judgement-free space, where you’re invited to be your authentic self and feel your emotions fully - no matter how painful or pleasant your feelings may be.
You’ll begin your emotional wellbeing journey in your very own Woodlands home. Just by noticing and naming your emotions, you’ll gain the power to choose what to do with those emotions. As you practise naming your emotions every day, you’ll develop the skills to manage and respond to your moods and feelings.
Through tactile gameplay, Kinder World helps you to reveal the beauty in your own emotions. Turn your feelings, from happiness to anger, into something beautiful and meaningful that can be kept for yourself or shared with our like-minded community.
Join our cast of friendly NPCs and our welcoming player community on a comforting journey toward enhanced emotional intelligence. Complete short, daily activities inspired by arts & crafts, decorate all sorts of cozy rooms, and slowly unlock compelling stories about Kinder World’s setting and characters.
Proud winner of the Australian Game Developer Awards 2022.
2-MINUTE EMOTIONAL WELLBEING CHECK-INS
- Acknowledge and accept your emotions. Manage stress & anxiety
- A useful practice alongside professional support
- Practice self-reflection & build empathy for yourself
- Emotional Naming: Fill a sand jar with your daily moods & emotions to build self-empathy and stay in touch with your feelings
- Daily Gratitude: Answer short gratitude prompts to help you savor positive experiences and shift focus from difficult emotions
- Pause & Breathe: Take a break from the chaos and find calm within yourself using tactical breathing
GROW EVER-CHANGING HOUSEPLANTS
- Encourage your plant’s growth with soothing self-care exercises
- Unlock new plants as you build healthy habits
- In Kinder World, every plant is unique - and they never die!
- Feel the relaxing & stress relieving effects of plant therapy with your own virtual garden
EXPRESS YOURSELF CREATIVELY
- Turn your emotions into a beautiful sand jar with arts & crafts-inspired activities
- Decorate your digital home to fit your aesthetic with customization inspired by cozy games like Animal Crossing
MEET CREATURES ON MINDFULNESS JOURNEYS
- Meet the inhabitants of Kinder World, like Samy the Dog, Quilliam the Hedgehog, and Professor Fern
- Open short letters from animal NPCs to encourage you along your journey
A KINDER WORLD, A KINDER COMMUNITY
- Receive uplifting messages from real community members
- Invite your friends to blossom alongside you in your own Friendship Garden
- Send and receive thoughtful letters to/from other players in the Kinder World post office
- We work with our Wellness Researcher, Dr. Hannah Gunderman, to ensure that our approach develops empathy for the self and others in measurable ways.
- The design of Kinder World is rooted in mindfulness and well-being research, translated into scientifically proven activities to support your wellbeing journey.
JOIN THE KINDER WORLD COMMUNITY
- Find @kinderworldgame on TikTok, Instagram and Twitter!
- Join the community of like-minded kind folks on Discord
- Learn more about us on: playkinderworld.com