***TIME Magazine's Game of the Year 2015***
"Unlike anything I've played before... the kind of experience I want to pull out to show my friends." - The Verge
Prune is a love letter to trees. A game about the beauty and joy of cultivation.
With a swipe of a finger, grow and shape your tree into the sunlight while avoiding the dangers of a hostile world. Bring life to a forgotten landscape, and uncover a story hidden deep beneath the soil.
• A unique digital plant for your pocket
• Beautiful, minimalist art and a super clean interface—it's just you and the trees
• Meditative music and sound design for you to zen out to
• No filler - 48 carefully chosen levels
• No IAP, no monetization strategy, no currencies
• Share screenshots of your unique tree creations with friends
• Sync progress across all your Android devices
Originally based on an experimental tree generation script, Joel McDonald carefully crafted Prune to perfection over the course of a year. Kyle Preston joined in to add his unique musical signature and sound effects.
----- RECEPTION -----
"Wildly creative, totally addictive, and oddly soothing" - Entertainment Weekly
"Breathtakingly beautiful design and gameplay work together perfectly for a tranquil, touching experience." - 4.5/5 Gamezebo
"Prune is an awe-inspiring work of digital poetry that transcends its initial subject material to explore a much larger, much more complex theme, in an articulate and powerfully moving manner." - 10/10 Pocket Gamer
"A collaboration that feels more like a dance than puzzle-solving." - Kill Screen
"The game looks gorgeous, the music is delightful, and the controls are intuitive for the platform." - AppAdvice
----- AWARDS -----
• Official Selection - IndieCade 2015
• Winner - Best Upcoming Game - 11th International Mobile Gaming Awards
• Official Selection - Brazil's FILE Festival
• Runner-Up - IndiePlus "Make Something Great" Contest
• Official Selection - Out of Index Experimental Games Festival