In pre-independence Bangladesh there were 4 institutions related to allotment of government houses and collection of rent: (1) Central Estate Office, Dhaka (2) Provincial Estate Office, Dhaka (3) Regional Estate Office, Chittagong and (4) Rest House. After the independence of Bangladesh, these four offices were amalgamated into the Directorate of Government Housing and later renamed as Directorate of Government Housing on 09-11-1983.
A dynamic database with information of all the houses under this department and web based software www.bashaonline.com has been launched for allotment of houses. Which is being used to automatically allocate housing. If the applicant applies by browsing the address www.bashaonline.com against his or her suitable home / home, a permanent dynamic profile containing personal information and employment information will be created which can be used to easily apply for the next home allotment. The allotment process is done in accordance with the existing Bangladesh Allocation Rules, Rule-7 of 1982. Note that the calculation of allotment results is done automatically. The Directorate of Government Housing is moving forward with the vow to achieve the goal of building a modern and digital Bangladesh.
Applications for allotment of government houses can be made in the following ways:
From any browser (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge, Opera, Safari, etc.) enter the address www.doga.gov.bd, from the menu bar's "automatic home allocation" to the "Apply for allocation" submenu Home category Accordingly, by clicking on the allotment notice, the application for allotment of house can be entered. Or you can use the web address (www.bashaonline.com) of specialized software for automatic home allocation to access the application for home allotment.
Terms of application:
A) Working in Dhaka City Corporation area
B) Not listed as Ineligible Office (List of Offices as per Rule 3)
C) Rule 4 of Bangladesh Allocation Rules, 1982
D) Employees authorized for temporary housing (Letter issued on 25.00.0000.014.22.003.04.553 issued by the Ministry of Housing and Public Works on 19/12/2018 in case of receipt of allotment of temporary housing)
E) No more than 03 applications can be made simultaneously within 30 days of any application
F) Starred (red colored) houses must be filled
1) pictures; 2) NID; 3) Promotion Order / PDS / Perfection 4) Latest Salary Statement; 5) Proof of attainment of authorized grade (Office Order / Certification of Accounting Office); 6) Scanned copy of transfer order (if applicable); 6) Signature
In case of uploading attachments -
Attachment size: less than 5 MB
Resolution: 2000 * 2000
Format: jpg / jpeg / pdf
Upon successful completion of the application process a permanent profile of the applicant will be created and verification email and confirmation will be sent via SMS. The user ID and password can be generated from the link sent in the verification email. Applications can be made very easily and quickly using the user ID and password. If necessary, the information given in the profile can be corrected. There are several benefits to using a profile. Such as - cancellation of application, re-submission, determination / change of order of choice of desired house / dwellings etc. Note that multiple applications cannot be made using the same mobile number and NID, and no more than 03 (three) applications per month will be accepted.
- Automatic display of vacant home information
- Apply online and create permanent profile
- Profile update facility
- Application Filtering / Blocking (unable to apply against the same house using the same NID)
- SMS and email confirmation / verification regarding application and profile
- Defective application correction facility within the stipulated time
- Application verification and application approval / rejection system
- Automatic seniority determination for housing allocation (as per Rule 7 of Bangladesh Allocation Rules, 1982)
- Seniors are automatically published on the website