Abuk is a Ukrainian application that collects a unique assortment of audiobooks and popular e-books. In our updated version, we added a reader, so you can not only listen, but also read fiction, poetry, non-fiction, detective stories, literature from the school curriculum, textbooks, children's works by Ukrainian and foreign authors.
We make sure that using Abuk is easy and convenient, so in the application you will find only the necessary functionality, so that nothing prevents you from enjoying reading or listening. Abuk is:
- a unique assortment of audiobooks and popular e-books;
- the app is free. Inside, you can find both free and paid books to which you can listen or read an excerpt;
- quick search for the required book by title, genre or author, as well as search within books;
- the ability to choose 1 of 4 fonts that are comfortable for perception, as well as the speed of listening to audiobooks that is convenient for you;
- you can read and listen to pre-loaded books without Internet access;
- easy bookmarking while listening to audio and reading, which allows you to save and find important quotes;
- high-quality audio content voiced by Ukrainian writers and the best Ukrainian announcers. Serhiy Zhadan, Kateryna Babkina, Andriy Lyubka, Valeriy Marcus, Sonia Sotnyk, Ivan Semesyuk, Serhiy Prytula, Andriy Khlyvnyuk, Volodymyr Dantes, Khrystyna Solovii and others work with us.
In order to make the app better, we need your help. This is a beta version and we are still working on improving it. So if you notice an error or have any requests, please let us know all the details at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix everything. For constructive feedback, we give away one free audiobook.
What are the benefits of audiobooks:
- Soothes in stressful moments.
- They teach better. Perceiving the text aurally and visually helps to remember information 40% better than if you only read it.
- Audiobooks help improve pronunciation and speaking skills.
- They allow you to do other things in parallel and develop your imagination
- They help to fall asleep.