The ActiveOBD offers a free and simple multi functional information display for your Subaru vehicle. The application is able to reveal some sensitive information missing on the display you might already have.
The ActiveOBD fetches the information directly from your vehicle via the OBD port and operates completely independently from the multi function display of your vehicle so you're absolutely free to use both in parallel.
- Subaru vehicle MY 2012+ (OBD CAN communication protocol)
- compliant ELM327-type adapter (see below).
- RECOMMENDED: OBDLink LX Bluetooth
- Vgate iCar2 Bluetooth / WiFi
Conditionally compliant adapters:
- ELM327 v1.4-1.5 (including noname clones);
- ELM327 v2.1 geniune only (http://www.elmelectronics.com).
- ELM327 v2.1 noname clones.
BETA testing & problem reporting: https://plus.google.com/communities/102216074960759727645
- front wheels position
- Torque split front-rear, relative (%) to maximum (Lineartronic Active Torque Split AWD; solenoid duty) *
- front-rear Slit (over-rotation)
- Coolant temperature
- Engine oil temperature
- Automatic transmission (AT / CVT) Oil deterioration degree
- AT / CVT Fluid temperature
- Fuel Level (percent of total tank capacity) **
- alternative Fuel Consumption counter since last refill ***
Trouble Codes tab
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes (OBD DTC) with Subaru-specific description
- clearing trouble codes
- Menu is accessible an Android-way or by the title bar clicking;
- AWD/Info tabs: Long-click on the item (icon) starts drag and drop within the tab;
- Info tabs: Short-click on the item (icon) toggles the display mode (icon/description);
- AWD/Info tabs: Short-click on a free cell - insert the new item (from the list of unallocated). Note: items availability depends on the vehicle, use this when connected.
* The Subaru AWD system has some hydraulic pressure active constantly providing about 5% torque transferring from front to rear. Further torque distribution is done dynamically (on demand), ActiveOBD shows this dynamic value.
** The fuel level is a subject for fluctuations. The application needs about 5-7 minutes of continuous running before the fuel level value can be displayed.
*** A standard fuel consumption calculation approach is based on fuel amount counter at the time of its consumption. ActiveOBD offers an alternative – a calculation based on mileage and fuel level (in percent). According to the current implementation the counter is being reset on refill (done with ignition switched off), just open the State mode after refilling – the fuel consumption counter should reset automatically.
You have to pair with the ELM327 device before using this application, Google Nexus guide (Pair with a Bluetooth device) :