This app is a Heritage Augmented Reality Sampler, highlighting the new potential for using smart devices for heritage projects, interpretation and learning.
The user can introduce Augmented Reality objects anywhere into their surroundings, move them around, rotate them, walk around them, and resize them.
Light-source accurate shadowing really bring the AR objects to life, using technologies available in the latest Android devices.
* The app will let you know if your device is compatible.
* You do not need an internet connection to use this app.
For best use:
- Find a largish space with a cleared floor area, using the app outside is also a great idea.
- Wave your phone at a flat surface, preferably textured (e.g. paving stone, carpet or wooden table), and wait for the dotted pattern to appear - this is your AR canvas area.
- Touch the spot where you would like the AR object to appear.
For further discussion about AR projects get in touch using the details included in the app.