VAG DPF lite is the free version of the application VAG DPF that show you the most important data related to the DPF particulate filter and its regeneration phases using an ELM327 Bluetooth/WIFI adapter. With this free app you can statically view 3 parameters related to the particulate filter status. This app doesn't use standard OBD2 commands as almost all other apps, it uses directly CAN commands specific of car model and this is the reason why it doesn't work with every car; due to the use of CAN commands, the app needs al least a decent ELM327 adapter (see note below); some users reports correct app working with a 10-15 euro adapter.
VAG DPF forum: https://www.applagapp.com/forum/
VAG DPF F.A.Q.: https://www.applagapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=319
ATTENTION!! This app works only with VAG cars (Audi Volkswagen Seat Skoda Porsche) that are equipped with engines listed below; the full compatibility isn't guaranteed for engines not listed, so if you buy the app, please consider that some or all functions may not work properly.
This app doesn't work with other brand's car due to a different diagnostic protocol.
DETA, CRBC, CFHD,CUNA, CFFB, CFWA(*), CLHA, CXXB, CAYC (partially working on Passat 3C MY10), CAHA (beta, requires verification), CXHA, DTTC (not MY2022), CDUC
Engines tested successfully by users:
CFGB(*), CFGC, CJCA, CRMB, CUPA, CUSA, CXFA, CAYB, CAYD, CRLB, CUTA, CFHC, CAGA(*), CSHA, CJCD, DFSB, CLAB, DFLA, DCXA, CFCA, CGLC, CFJB, CFHA, CRUA, DDYA, DFFA, CRKB, DCYA, DFCA, CUUB, CGLB, CUAA, CUSB, CAPA(*), DFGA, DFSF, DFHA, CNHA, DGTA, DGTE(*), CCWA, DGDA, DLUB, CJCB, DGTD, CDUD, CSUD, DEUA, DAUA, DJGA, CXXA, DFEA, DBGC, CAYA, CRTD, DGDB, CUUA, DAVA, CKFC, CRCA, CGQB(*)
(*) = partial support or depending on SW version
IMPORTANT some of the engines above may be incompatible, it depends on the engine software version.
Core functions of the application:
- Display of 3 parameters related to the DPF filter: soot mass accumulation in the filter, regeneration duration, km traveled since last regeneration
- Manual update of the parameters
Some words about ELM327 adapters:
- OBDLink LX: recommended, expensive but fast and reliable (I used it for the app development)
- Carista: recommended, affordable price but very reliable (I use it for debug and daily scans)
- Vgate iCar 2 Bluetooth : recommended, same as Carista
- Konnwei kw 903 : recommended, same as Carista
- China cloned adapter: not recommended, unreliable, you can randomly find decent adapters or fake adapters with unpredictable results
August 2022 update: I've found in a MY22 DTTC engine a new connection structure different from other DTTC engine tested; this update is currently not supported by the app, I'm investigating about it.